1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which plugin is good to restore backup?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by silent_1, Sep 17, 2015.

Hi,

I want to transfer my blog to other server. I have taken back up using Duplicator plugin. This plugin dont offer restore option. So please suggest any good plugin that I can use to restore files. I have tried Backup, UpdraftPlus - Backup/Restore and XCloner but could not succeed.

silent_1, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Moving your Wordpress is a simple matter of backing up your database and installation's files. If your domain name is remaining the same, the rest should be a simple matter of uploading the files to your new server, importing the Wordpress SQL into your new database, and updating the Wordpress wp-config.php file with the username and password for your new database if it is different than your old one. There should be no real problems.

You really do not need a plugin for this.

billzo, Sep 17, 2015 IP
    PoPSiCLe likes this.
  3. Blogzandstuff

Blogzandstuff Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    duplicator does restore your site, that's the point of it. I move sites from server to server with duplicator almost daily. Duplicator plugin copies everything including database, users, files,folders,images,comments,plugins,plugin settings, in fact absolutely everything. Just so easy to move all you need is a domain name, hosting with wordpress ( All hosts nowadays ) and the duplicator plugin. For a large site is will prob take about ten mins depending on your internet connection

Blogzandstuff, Sep 27, 2015 IP
  4. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can send a full backup into your new host via ftp and ask your hosting provider to restore it.
    If you want to transfer a smaller blog ~5GB, just copy the files and upload them your self.

Good luck :)

Zoti Media Group, Sep 27, 2015 IP