1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which platform/framework for an advanced listing/directory website

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Bepixel, Jan 3, 2020.

Hello

I’d like to launch a Listing/Directory platform to target a special type of Users/Clients.

Some functionalities are pretty standard and already available in many wordpress themes:
    • Advanced user dashboard (to edit their profile, edit their listings and view statistics)
    • Advanced listing options with different functionalities (free, trial period, silver, gold, etc.)
    • Advanced search and filtering options among the listing items (with and without map)
    • Integration of a smooth payment system (e.g. stripe)
    • Multi-languages
    Although some functionalities will be more unique to my project:
    • creation of a sub-domain per user (wildcard sub-domain) rather than sub directories/folders (or let the user use his own domain name for an extra fee)
    • WYSIWYG interface for users to edit their listings (ie. Visual mode editing)
    • Very smooth interface and transitions (Ajax?)
    Which platform/framework would you use for that type of project?

Many thanks

Bepixel, Jan 3, 2020 IP
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You over use the word "advanced". From what I have gathered you just need a listing/directory web site. Most of the programming logic is just interacting with a database and simple validation. You can use any language to accomplish this from PHP, Python, Node, Go, Ruby, Perl, ASP etc. Personally I would just use PHP. Look for scripts already built that you can alter. That may be quicker than writing from scratch.

NetStar, Jan 4, 2020 IP
  3. Bepixel

Bepixel Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for you answer!

Bepixel, Jan 5, 2020 IP
  4. loki781

loki781 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd recommend Nuxt.js front-end and using Strapi.io as the backend.

loki781, Apr 12, 2020 IP