1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which platform allows customers to upload an image when ordering a product?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by *Sam*, Nov 16, 2015.

Hi,

I'm thinking of starting a new ecommerce business but need my customers to be able to upload an image when they order a product since the products are customisable. I'm saying one image but preferably my first product for sale would require them to upload 5 images with it.

My question is, is there an ecommerce platform with this feature already in place? Or maybe as a plugin at all?

Thanks,
    Sam

*Sam*, Nov 16, 2015 IP
  2. Emilyswarm

Emilyswarm Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Sam,
    you can easily create such an e-commerce website using Wordpress. You can create an order form using one of the many plugins that allow people to fill out forms and also attach files (such as -but not only- Visual Form Builder). You can set the number of uploads and their size.
    Say you want to print 3d objects for your clients: you need a form where people enter data such as size, number of pieces, material and so on. With the same plugin, you can let them upload some pictures or drawings of the object they need to have printed. The only two remaining things you need to integrate are an automatic calculator that sets the price for such order (easy to integrate using a few php lines to the form builder plugin) and another plugin to accept and process the payment (there are several Wordpress plugins that you can use for this purpose.)
    Let me know if that helped or if you need more ideas
    Emily

Emilyswarm, Nov 16, 2015 IP
  3. *Sam*

*Sam* Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your response Emily, at least I know that is a possible option.

I preferably wanted something for an actual ecommerce platform though like Opencart or Zencart so that a cart is already included. I can use wordpress if necessary but I want to be able to scale the business with time and I think building it with a proper ecommerce CMS to begin with may be better than starting it with wordpress and then having to move it all over.

What do you think?

*Sam*, Nov 17, 2015 IP
  4. Emilyswarm

Emilyswarm Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally understand your point. Have you tried Ecwid? It's a pretty reliable store management system which also implements an "upload files" function for clients
    (see how it works: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/How%20can%20a%20customer%20upload%20their%20files%20when%20purchasing%20a%20product )

Emilyswarm, Nov 18, 2015 IP
  5. Abila

Abila Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is pretty cool in this matter as sites like ebay and linkedin used it. Wordpress do have a cart and can be integrated with all well known payment options available. It is easily customizable and is suitable to deal with even a million products. If required you can hire me for the total design and management of your store :)

Abila, Nov 27, 2015 IP