1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which Plagiarism Checker is Most Effective?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Willaim, Mar 11, 2014.

I have been writing blogs for quite some time. In order to check for Plagiarism I use different Plagiarism Checkers. There is a problem with most of the FREE plagiarism Checker, that they dont give percentage of Plagiarized words.
    Can anyone Suggest me any Software that can give Plagiarism in PERCENTAGE?

Willaim, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Copyscape does give a percentage of plagiarized words.

dcristo, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  3. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As far as FREE online tools are concerned -
    1) For checking offline text, you can use:
    http://plagiarisma.net – This tool uses Google (only for registered members), Babylon and Yahoo search engines. You can use either Babylon or Yahoo at a time. An option for exact search is also provided. This tool has support for more than 190 languages and you can also check online content by entering the page address. For offline text, you have the option of uploading a file. PDF, DOC, DOCX, RTF, ODT, TXT and HTML formats are supported. The count for each sentence and the domains that contain the sentence are displayed in results. For free use, you can use the tool only once per day. Unique content is highlighted in yellow at the end and you can also see the percentage of originality.
    2) For checking online web pages, you can use:
    www.plagspotter.com – You can check for copies of your web page by entering its url in the provided box. After you press the search button, the results are displayed very quickly in two tabs. The 'Sources Report' tab displays the list of urls on which a copy of your content exists along with the percentage of matched content. In the 'Originality Report' tab, you can find the duplicate content highlighted. When you click on a particular line, the pages that contain the line will be displayed at the right. For using the batch search feature, registration is required. I am not sure about the limit of pages you can search at a time, but I was able to check 8 pages (each page individually) at once after which the tool did not allow further checking.
    I hope this helps.

I have compiled a list of many FREE online plagiarism checkers here: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...st-of-free-alternatives-to-copyscape.2700629/.
    I would appreciate if you could add some plagiarism checkers that you know and are not listed there.

Good luck.:)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    Content Maestro, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  4. Willaim

Willaim Peon

Best Answers:
    Copyscape is not FREE

Willaim, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  5. Willaim

Willaim Peon

Best Answers:
    plagspotter.com is a good one. But you cannot generate reports. I have found another plagiarism checker through CNET. This one is http://plagiarismcheckerX.com. It has the option to generate reports, but its free version is only limited to 250 words. I have seen your list. I will try them.

Willaim, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  6. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    That actually is the problem with almost all online FREE plagiarism checking tools. What is free comes with severe limitations.
    For the features you wish to use, as report generation and no word-limit for checking, I think there ain't any option but using paid versions.
    Anyway, you can give some freewares a shot. Do let me know if anything works. I am also interested.

Content Maestro, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  7. WilliamStark

WilliamStark Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its a bad idea to look for FREE plagiarism checkers I think. If you are working as a professional, you need to use professional tools.
    My opinion - plagiarismdetect few free text checks and you will love it.

WilliamStark, Mar 13, 2014 IP
  8. nicbos

nicbos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Content Maestro, very useful links :)
    Anyway I still use CopyScape: like user William said, if you are a professional it is an handy tool that you cannot miss.

nicbos, Mar 13, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  9. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    You are welcome nicbos.:)
    Like WilliamStark said, FREE tools are not really useful if you want to check content in bulk.
    Copyscape seems to be the only effective option available at the moment. It has it's own database of web pages and there are only a few online plagiarism checkers that can rival its comprehensiveness.

Content Maestro, Mar 13, 2014 IP
  10. mr.sidney

mr.sidney Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I see you`re looking for a perfect free plagiarism checker, but the main problem is in the word free.Free things are not usually the best, and in this case a free plagchecker will only mislead you.I am sure you have also heard of the common phrase that sometimes cheap is expensive.It is important to invest in a good software, which is reliable all the time.I would recommend Copyscape, and yes I know it is not free but that`s the price you have to pay for quality things.

mr.sidney, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  11. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    I doubt if these FREE plagiarism checkers are able to catch duplicate content as effectively as Copyscape. Moreover, there are severe limitations imposed upon their usage. It all ultimately becomes pointless.
    Using a paid software or Premium versions of these plag-checkers IMO is the only reliable way.

Content Maestro, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  12. mr.sidney

mr.sidney Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I totally support content Maestro on this, however its worth checking out smallseotools.

13. mr.sidney

mr.sidney Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I totally support content Maestro on this, however its worth checking out smallseotools.

14. mr.sidney

mr.sidney Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone , kindly this out, its worth reading..
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/best-cause-of-action-for-a-freelance-scammer.2712435/

15. Mainak Halder

Mainak Halder Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I have been writing for several years, and I found nothing else apart from Copyscape Premium to be the best for checking plagiarism. It works wonderfully and you can never go wrong with Copyscape.

Don't think I am promoting them because I am neither an affiliate of Copyscape nor a part of their group but it's just that I like the product and have used it for years.

Mainak Halder, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  16. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Do you really need to promote Copyscape? It's already so well-known.;)

Content Maestro, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  17. Mainak Halder

Mainak Halder Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, they are already well-known but still when someone says something good about a product, the doubt naturally arises if he or she is an affiliate. So, it's just to clear up the confusions. :)

Mainak Halder, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  18. tuiykkwr

tuiykkwr Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to use copycsape.I also use it and I got it useful for me.

tuiykkwr, Oct 22, 2014 IP
  19. cwvps1

cwvps1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use CopyScape, it's the best one in my experience.

cwvps1, Sep 23, 2015 IP
  20. aafable

aafable Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't use copyscape, but I use grammarly. Grammarly has a free and paid version. I have been using their paid services for 6 months now. They do have an error percentage and you can set for them to check what kind of article you have. I just signed up for the yearly plan cuz it saves me money and time (since I'm in college). You should check it out as it has a free option.

Grammarly

Please note that I am an affiliate of their service. I've promoted their services way too much that I decided that I should actually be getting paid for this. lol Nevertheless, I will always be a happy premium user whether or not they accepted me as their affiliate.

I hope it helps!

aafable, Sep 25, 2015 IP