1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which PHP framework is Best ?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by phpgod, Jun 22, 2011.

1. amaudy

amaudy Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Zend for corporate client and use YII for other client.

amaudy, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  2. hassan001

hassan001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The choice always depends upon where you feel working comfortable..... Though my suggestion is to first take a look on help and documentation files before choosing any framework.... The more the help and documentation the more easy it will be to find solutions and help......

I hope this tip will help you.....

Regards!

hassan001, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  3. KennethMalac

KennethMalac Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've been pondering this question myself and I've come up with the decision to use symfony 2.
    It's not fully released yet and only supports PHP 5.3+, but it looks extremely promising. Plus, if you're choosing a framework just now might as well use the newest technology so when you're experienced in it it is already standard.

I took a look at Yii because MyBB2 is going to use it, but I think it's looks sort of limited with what you can configure and such. I also don't like the concept of code generation and how it automatically sets up a basic website with pages for you.

KennethMalac, Jul 2, 2011 IP
  4. jonasl

jonasl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Write your own framework with the most used functions. That's what I do and it keeps down the time for developing new webservices

jonasl, Jul 2, 2011 IP
  5. EricBruggema

EricBruggema Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No one, just coz the one ppl like the one framework and the other likes the other one...

Best one is the one you created yourself :)

EricBruggema, Jul 2, 2011 IP
  6. adkarfaserv

adkarfaserv Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why people are going for framework.. You create it own....

adkarfaserv, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  7. dulcet30

dulcet30 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well CakePHP is a rapid development framework for PHP that provides an extensible architecture for developing, maintaining, and deploying applications. Using commonly known design patterns like MVC and ORM within the convention over configuration paradigm, CakePHP reduces developmental costs and helps developers write less code.And CodeIgniter is another PHP framework that brings versatility to the table and has a very small footprint. It's developed primarily for PHP coders with all sorts of experience who need a more simple solution to building web applications.
    There are many other frameworks as well but i like these two.If you want MVC framework that go for cakePHP other use CodeIgniter.

dulcet30, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  8. amitavr

amitavr Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried Yii framework for some time and I feel it is easy to use... but frankly I have not compared it with any other to come to a conclusion that Yii is better than this. But yes, I liked the easy interface to make pages and many other things. Personally it is a good one to start off.

amitavr, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  9. IkramMirza

IkramMirza Peon

Best Answers:
    i think co ca cu is best,,Yii is also best

IkramMirza, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  10. amitavr

amitavr Peon

Best Answers:
    :) he he he... how can two things be best

amitavr, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  11. cute-sherry

cute-sherry Peon

Best Answers:
    All PHP frameworks are best Codeigniter is better because it is updated with OOP & MVC & programming conventions & PHP5 .so start with Codeigniter......................

cute-sherry, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  12. alaknandaseo

alaknandaseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Cake and Zend both are good framework in php...........

alaknandaseo, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  13. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Cake has a proprietary ORM and cannot easily use a 3rd party ORM. For that reason alone, I would go with Symfony or Codeignitor over cake.

Here's what I posted to a similar question a few weeks ago with regards to Zend, Symfony, Codeignitor, and CakePHP frameworks.

I have used all 4, and I still stick with Symfony, although I did start with it so I am definitely a bit biased.

Zend is the most used at this point. Of all the frameworks, I think it is the least like a framework and more like a bunch of modular chunks of code. Zend components can usually be used outside of Zend in other non-framework products. This can be a good thing, and it can be confusing and overly complicated. It is also so loose that 2 people can use the framework and their code and logic never resemble the others. As far a corporate / business usage, Zend rules for sure. Magento is also build on Zend which is probably the most developed shopping cart out there. If you want a fail safe, Zend would be the way to go.

As far as the other 3, they are all fairly similar in their internals, at least when comparing to Zend. All are true MVC and all allow for ORM usage. I can't think of any functional advantage that any framework would have over the other. These wouldn't be the most popular frameworks if they had anything missing.

Symfony is most geared towards enterprise level apps. It's the number 2 used framework at this point. Has awesome functional and unit testing, and a ton of command line tools and generators for rapid testing and development. You can nearly make a database, and website only from configuration files. I personally manage my database and build the application around it.

Baseline performance, Symfony 2 (still in dev) is going to be the fastest, followed by codeignitor, then Cake way in the rear. Symfony 1.4 and codeignitor will be right in the same area. In the end the performance will be dependent on caching, ORM usage, proper code organization, server resources, etc... They can all be tuned fairly well.

Symfony and Codeignitor can use external ORM's, Doctrine being the most developed at this point, Cake is pretty much locked into their own. For this reason above any other, Cake goes out the window for me.

At this point, there is quite a lot of support for all of these. They all have good documentation, user forms, books, etc.. All are going to have a learning curve. Generally, what you start with will be what you stick with.

jestep, Jul 5, 2011 IP