1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which Payment Processing Do You Recommend The Most ??

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by koolasia, Nov 26, 2006.

?

1. Paypal

19 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. Google Checkout

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. E-Gold

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. MoneyBookers

10 vote(s)
    22.7%
  5. Others

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

koolasia, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  2. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    My first preference is Paypal because its widely accepted. Other than paypal i use Moneybookers and rarely e-gold.

deluxdon, Nov 26, 2006 IP
    mixke and Bondat like this.
  3. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    PayPal is very popular but internet companies that have been going a long time like we have will use ClickBank and 2CheckOut and many other Payment Gateways that provide excellent services for high volume sales

PayPal is great we use it a lot, but we use others too, you need more than one if you want to get reach and multiple locations

britishguy, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  4. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal,definitely!
    The 2nd would be 2checkout.com .
    The 3rd will be by checks :D

Richie_Ni, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  5. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, if given the choice of the above, I will say anything other than e-gold.

eddy2099, Nov 26, 2006 IP
    mixke and deluxdon like this.
  6. stymiee

stymiee Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypal is clearly the best third party provider. Someone would not use Paypal only if it wasn't available in their country.

stymiee, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  7. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal as it is widely used and then comes the Moneybookers < used in the case when the country is not supported by paypal > .
    Google Checkout is only for US citizen so the rankings might change when it goes wordwide ;) :)

mixke, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  8. blue_angel

blue_angel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My first preference is Paypal and second moneybookers

blue_angel, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  9. juniper

juniper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i use paypal but i just wonder about google checkout..can you give me any information or any linK?

juniper, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  10. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I use paypal. But I also have a stormpay account which I have never used. E-Gold I never really get enough requests to make it worth signing up for. I should. But it would be another account sitting useless like stormpay.

lpstong, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  11. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    I can see that Paypal is very popular here. but I do not like it for buying or selling. All our sales are handled via InternetSecure.

clancey, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  12. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    It depends on what country you are in. In the United States, Visa thinks there are about 1,000 ISOs and MasterCard thinks there are about 2,000 employing about 10,000 sales agent. Chances are there are more than 5,000 ISOs in the United States alone and most of those have at least 5 or more agents that you would be working with.

Each ISO / MLS in the United States is required by Visa and MasterCard to notate in their footer if they are an ISO and if so, what bank they are associated with or if they are an agent, what ISO they are associated with - this is true for all United States ISOs / MLSs and their agents. When they are caught, Visa's fines are $10,000 for the first infraction, $20,000 for the second infraction within a five-year period and $50,000 for the third infraction within a five-year period. MasterCard's fine is $5,000 per incident.

With Google Checkout, they do not require a person to have a merchant account in order to process. Checkout is not a payment method; it accepts and processes existing payment methods, such as Visa and MasterCard.

Since the Google checkout is integrated with Adwords, chances are you will be spending more money than with another processor / IPSP (internet payment service provider). It acts like a gateway but there are subtle differences. Whereas most gateways do not charge a discount rate, Google charges a discount rate and a transaction fee. Other differences can include the limitations, restrictions and reserves applied to checkout accounts. There is also a monthly dollar limit that might be applied to merchants and merchants might process hundreds of dollars before funds are released. And Google might require a merchant to have a payout reserve before they receive any funds.

Since you have really only mentioned IPSP (internet payment service providers) though - it depends on what you are selling as well as your market. And of course, what you are selling. (Someone on another forum was complaining how Paypal shut down his account even though Paypal had every right to - he was selling adult items) - which is against the TOS / AUP.

This is why Paypal sometimes gets a bad rep - people under 18 open an account and then since they are kids, they complain that paypal shut them down. Read the TOS on each one and make sure you comply.

Businesses are in business to make money and they will also protect their money and their business. If you do something that is against your contract, yes - your account will be suspended or terminated. If you do not understand something, ask the company - not the forums. You won't be able to Paypal that user XX123XX on the Digital Point forum said it was OK. And email them - don't call them unless you can legally record the phone conversation.

Corey Bryant, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  13. DrBlackSEO

DrBlackSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    I preffer Moneybookers. they accept my country as well not like paypal

DrBlackSEO, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  14. koolasia

koolasia Banned

Best Answers:
    isnt e-gold good for secuirty

koolasia, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  15. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    e-gold pride itself on secrecy because anyone can just sign up with them and you do not need to verify anything. Moreover, it is good for the seller because all transactions are final. So anyone who pays through e-gold will not have any recourse and will not be able to get his money back even though the vendor does not deliver.

Thus has been known to be used as a platform to cheat because of the 'all transactions are final' clause and good for money laundering since you do not need to verify anything to open an account.

eddy2099, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  16. master06

master06 Peon

Best Answers:
    i recommmend you paypal. But e-gold and moneybookers are really useeful payment proccessor. E-gold has low fee rate and moneybookers accept a lot of shopping sites. im using both of them.

Thanks
    Mustafa

master06, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  17. Bondat

Bondat Peon

Best Answers:
    Also 2checkout is becoming popular nowadays!

Bondat, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  18. Rage

Rage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Moneybookers is best.... the only reson paypal is no1 because of eBay...

Moneybookers is best in eyes...

Rage, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  19. koolasia

koolasia Banned

Best Answers:
    i think i should try moneybookers does it have a payment script

koolasia, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  20. saadahmed007

saadahmed007 Admínistratör

Best Answers:
    Paypal is ecellent payment processor but again support sucks.Moneybookers & Egold are also good payment processors :).
    Saad

saadahmed007, Nov 27, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.