1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which payment method could i use?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by pedigreechump6, Nov 22, 2006.

The situation is this: I want to sell a link on my site but have the advertiser pay after 1 month. The amount I charge is not set and will infact vary during the month itself.

Is their a payment method that will guarantee me payment (i.e. not have the advertiser refuse to pay after the month is up)? I want to avoid asking for "held funds".

I just want to be able to invoice someone and say you owe me $x without them turning round and saying "tough we aint gunna pay".

How can I do this?

Sorry if it's not clear but I dont want to discolse too much as it is for a website idea I have.

Thanks

pedigreechump6, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  2. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    You could consider doing a pre-authorization for a particular amount - say $100.00. Now this $100.00 is yours for 3-10 business days depending on the issuing bank.

However, it is usally held in the virtual terminal and a lot of times, you can then go in and do a post-auth for that $100 (or less).

Corey Bryant, Nov 22, 2006 IP
    pedigreechump6 likes this.
  3. pedigreechump6

pedigreechump6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply Corey but I was hoping for a time frame of around 28 days if that is at all possible.

pedigreechump6, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  4. Corey Bryant

Best Answers:
    You could look into becoming CISP compliant and then charging the card at the end but that is about it. You are limited to what the issuing banks set forth

Corey Bryant, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  5. pedigreechump6

pedigreechump6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I thought about using the paypal authorization & capture function explained here but do you think that people will be willing to put say $25 on hold if they will only have to pay $10 in the end?

I guess what I'm really asking is whether or not people will trust me not to take the full amount (which I would be able to do) but to decrease the amount after 28 days?

Plus I don't like the fact that Paypal will only guarantee the funds for 3 days.

pedigreechump6, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  6. Corey Bryant

Best Answers:
    It all goes back to the issuing bank. You should understand now why Paypal gaurantees the funds for three days now. And what about the consumer? It could be potential problems as well for the consumer.

For example, they might not have enough money in their account and you holding onto even more could cause some problems. I understand you want to make the plan work but you should consider you customer as well, afterall, it seems that you will also want repeat business.

Corey Bryant, Nov 24, 2006 IP