1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which One Is More Effective For Marketing? Twitter or Facebook?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by smmpoint, May 25, 2014.

I want to know which one is more effective for internet marketing? Is it facebook or twitter?
    I am not asking about other social media.

Please share your opinions and or experiences about it.

Best Regards

smmpoint, May 25, 2014 IP
  2. Garry_West

Garry_West Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In general? Both are nice.

Do you want more information? Tell us your niche. Because without any information noone would be able to answer this question.

Garry_West, May 25, 2014 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I find Twitter more effective. Let's be honest, FB business pages (the design, versatility) suck. Their paid advertising is ok, but it still lags behind AdWords and Bing Ads in efficiency. When it comes to advertising I will choose Twitter over FB any day.

qwikad.com, May 25, 2014 IP
    Karuna17 likes this.
  4. indigitalpoint

indigitalpoint Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think Twitter is better, but My G+ is connected with Twitter and facebook so anything i write on my G+ page will go to my TB and twitter but in general twitter is the best:

indigitalpoint, May 25, 2014 IP
  5. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Personally for marketing? Facebook but Twitter is effective too. It does depends on how many of the people you have on both of your Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Joshie, May 25, 2014 IP
  6. rhephialow

rhephialow Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that Facebook is more effective. Almost every second people in the world open their facebook.

rhephialow, May 25, 2014 IP
  7. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I manage an account for both Twitter and Facebook, and I can say that both works well.

Patricia Ann Lee, May 25, 2014 IP
  8. kenzo22

kenzo22 Member

Best Answers:
    It seems to me that people on Twitter are more active in general, but it really depends on your niche.

kenzo22, May 28, 2014 IP
  9. Sam42

Sam42 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I’d say that the combination of both works best

Sam42, May 28, 2014 IP
  10. GeorgeDoe

GeorgeDoe Banned

Best Answers:
    If you have massive amount of targeted twitter follower and if you have the huge likes and engagement to your facebook fan pages. Then it would really helpful for marketing in both the sites. I am doing it well.. You just need to indentify users behaviours..

GeorgeDoe, May 28, 2014 IP
    nostressmaven likes this.
  11. nostressmaven

nostressmaven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good suggestions George. I use just Facebook myself, but for many using both is a good thing and good suggestion.
    Welcome to the 3 club ;) I just liked your comment and hopefully that lets you help even more people as you have already been doing and you can start liking and helping even more than you already are!

nostressmaven, May 28, 2014 IP
  12. born_star16

born_star16 Member

Best Answers:
    Now a days Facebook is more popular than other social networking site. I also like facebook.

born_star16, May 28, 2014 IP
  13. Salman Nifty A

Salman Nifty A Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,
    In my opinion they're both equally as great as each other, but they both have they're pros and cons,
    Twitter is great because its more appealing, its not as saturated as Facebook for marketing, however they only allow 140 characters meaning that its an average of 30 words or so per tweet, so your limited to what you can say.
    Facebook has a 5,000 character limit, and has A lot of users (1,000,000,000+ users), but a lot of the users are used to offer promotions and site promotions so they might be so used to them they might not click on the link (only my theory), they also have a VERY good share system where you can reach out to the sharer's friends.
    Overall spend your time on both, and decide for your self which one is best for marketing.
    Have a nice day.

I also have a website that discusses topics like this and gives tips on marketing hope it's worth checking out: bigbuckswithnifty.com

Salman Nifty A, May 28, 2014 IP
  14. selva787

selva787 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i personally says, Twitter is successful way to do internet marketing.

selva787, May 29, 2014 IP
  15. spyrit

spyrit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends totally on your niche, for some niches twitter traffic is really hard to convert. But there are several niches where twitter is the leader hands down. Well, it also depends on how many followers you twitter and facebook accounts have. The thing i like about twitter though is that they're don't penalize as fast as facebook does.

spyrit, May 30, 2014 IP
  16. Pawan Singh

Pawan Singh Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can not say which one is better , may be someone go with twitter but it's all depend how engaged your fans or follower is ??? however if you have to go from beginning certainly go with twitter ...Facebook has so much hidden restriction like only 1/3rd of your fans see your post once you post there ..i can not say how much truth is that but some big fan page holder too agree on this

Pawan Singh, May 30, 2014 IP
  17. DTroy

DTroy Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe it depends on the niche that I'm targeting and the age group of my target audience. If I'm aiming to get traffic from a the aged or middle aged group, I'd use Facebook. Likewise, for targeting a younger audience, I'd go for Twitter.

DTroy, Jun 1, 2014 IP
  18. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter users are more hyperactive, so as Twitter which is fast phased. So, it really depends on what you prefer using, because you can use whatever of those platform and it'll be effective depending on your preference.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jun 2, 2014 IP
  19. Pastorsinlot

Pastorsinlot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Both works for me. Use them both

Pastorsinlot, Jun 2, 2014 IP
  20. Kristina Roy

Kristina Roy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is leading as the best social networking site and tool for internet marketing but effectiveness varies on the basis of promotion purpose and promoted item, website or other things. There are more promotion options in Facebook than twitter but it is working well for me.

Kristina Roy, Jun 4, 2014 IP