1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which One is More Easy ASP.NET or PHP ?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by rnvr22, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Arrowsol Training

Arrowsol Training Peon

Best Answers:
    PHP is one of the most popular server side scripting languages running today. It is used for creating dynamic webpages that interact with the user offering customized information. PHP offers many advantages; it is fast, stable, secure, easy to use and open source (free).
    Rasmus Lerdorf wrote the first PHP (first called Personal Home Page) scripts as a series of Perl scripts that he used to track visitors to his webpage and to see who was viewing his resume. He eventually rewrote PHP as a scripting engine and added support for forms. PHP has been evolving since 1994 as an open source code. A community of followers and developers formed and began using and further developing PHP. Over the years the Personal Home Page acronym was dropped and it evolved into the PHP Hypertext Preprocessor.

Arrowsol Training, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  2. elisagrace

elisagrace Peon

Best Answers:
    Microsoft technology, ASP is used for building intuitive site pages, using strategies like HTML writing. It has been depicted as the device that will permit you to construct a practically vast number of website pages with just a couple records.

ASP.NET is still best upheld by Visual Studio.net, yet the days when it was kept to JScript and VBScript are a distant memory, since "classic" ASP was supplanted by ASP.NET.

ASP.NET is MORE speedier and adaptable. Designers or Developers can utilize it with the aptitudes they already have, as opposed to learning VB.net or C#. Some dialect backing is implicit, others require extra device support. Applications can be apportioned over several languages. Thus, ASP.NET is easy to learn for every new or old learner.

elisagrace, Dec 22, 2015 IP
  3. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The learning curve to write good valid code is about the same for both languages. The ability to write poor code is easier in PHP since it's more forgiving.

Both languages allow newbies to easily get started and the more seasoned to write more complex code. If I was to make a personal suggestion it would be to check out PHP. But since you already know ASP it makes no sense to start from scratch................

NetStar, Dec 22, 2015 IP
  4. Ted Hive

Ted Hive Member

Best Answers:
    I thought that PHP is easy to use than ASP.NET until I joined a project which builds website with MVC 4. I found that ASP.NET MVC 4 is more easy to use and powerful than PHP. It has template engine which help me easy to make web UI. I has strong typed coding which help me coding with few bugs. Consider to try it before choosing better language.

[​IMG]

Ted Hive, Dec 25, 2015 IP
  5. Programming Guru

Programming Guru Peon

Best Answers:

IF YOU WANT ASP.NET the easy way there is a product called FooBasic Web Studio for asp.net and its very easy like the easy vb6 coding and the foobasic converts it into a full asp.net program without having to code in asp.net

Programming Guru, May 3, 2016 IP
  6. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think either one of them can be easier to use depending upon your knowledge and what you are trying to do.

mmerlinn, May 4, 2016 IP
  7. Digineer Designs

Digineer Designs Peon

Best Answers:
    Php is more easier than asp.net for me

Digineer Designs, May 28, 2016 IP
  8. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am confused here. If there is a better language to do the job, WHY do you suggest that they should choose the SUBstandard language instead???

mmerlinn, May 28, 2016 IP
  9. Corobori

Corobori Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try it yourself !

Back when I started web programming, around 1998, I was developing in VB therefore for me the natural way was to go to ASP (to be honest at first I used something called IDC and HTX, prior the arrival of ASP) and then ASP.NET. I had to write some php code and didn't find it easier to use or more difficult, just different.
    As far as money is concerned it is true that with .NET you have to work with IIS and Windows Hosting plans are more than expensive but as far as tools are concerned Microsoft now offers a wide range of Visual Studio free to use. You can create anything type of website with .net, your imagination is the limit, and they are plenty of support around. They are also 3rd parties providers selling pretty nifty components making it easier working with that tool, for instance grids.
    What would I do now ? Good question but for you here is my advice. I don't know how much time you have before making up your mind but if I were you with time at hand I would try develop a very small website involving some database interaction. Say a small shopping cart, nothing fancy nor sophisticated, here some short specs: on the backoffice hand a product (with image upload) and categories manager; on the public site display those products (list and details), a small search engine, a way to add a product to a shopping cart, a client's registration form, and eventually record the order and send an email. Write a description of all forms you would need and then write the system in .php and in .net and then you will see which one fits you better.

Corobori, Jun 4, 2016 IP
  10. Saqib Habib

Saqib Habib Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, its depends on your intrest...
    In which field you are intrested that will be easy...
    If your programming skills are good then .ASP is best...

Saqib Habib, Jun 17, 2016 IP
  11. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    While that is... sorta true, don't believe for a second that Facebook runs on PHP. Facebook runs on its own incarnation of PHP, called Hack. The PHP-bit is almost nothing like any PHP you've ever seen outside Facebook. As stated by
    Taken from this thread on Quora

PoPSiCLe, Dec 30, 2016 IP
  12. vrnsood

vrnsood Active Member

Best Answers:
    ASP.NET all the way...

vrnsood, Jan 6, 2017 IP
  13. ale_steve

ale_steve Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    personally i'm going hard on php: flexible, lite, fast, open source, "if i have time i wont stop listing positive thins about php"

ale_steve, Jan 12, 2017 IP
  14. Abegail Louise Acosta

Abegail Louise Acosta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ASP.net is not a programming language, it is generally a web framework, that's what makes it easy.

Abegail Louise Acosta, Jan 16, 2017 IP
  15. Andy Flintoff

Andy Flintoff Peon

Best Answers:
    PHP is easier language than other language .

Andy Flintoff, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  16. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm going to chime in here again...

If you are already fluent in ONE programming language and have dabbled with others then you should have no problem picking up ANY language. In fact, as long as you understand programming in general you will have an easy start with all languages as it's cake. However, if you have never programmed before you need to first assess your needs before you pick a language. If it's strictly to develop for the web you may find PHP to be easier to get started with but only because it's mature and has a huge community with tons of tutorials to choose from. However, it's definitely not the best language to learn standard programming fundamentals or best practices with.

My first language was Perl. Even though I rarely ever use it I still love the language. It taught me a lot of skills that made learning other languages easier. Next I started to learn C/C++ which was "neato" but I never had a need to use it. When I started to get in to making windows based applications I started to use Visual Basic and even Delphi. I became quite good at Visual Basic but never mastered it. Then when "CGI" was being phased out I looked at PHP. Then started using Java for fun. Then when I needed to make a small windows based application I started learning a little about C# and finished my first app in a week. It was easy to pick up because I understood programming. I've dabbled with Python, ASP, ColdFusion, and Ruby also but never had the desire to learn more about those languages as PHP suited me fine. None of the languages gave me a struggle except for my first language Perl due to it being very cryptic in syntax. I recommend to start with PHP as you can learn the basics without confusing yourself too much.

NetStar, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  17. Steve Cooke

Steve Cooke Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally use .NET since I have gotten so fast with Visual Studio, the whole .Net framework seems more reliable and widely used by enterprise level companies. Also getting up to speed with .NET means you can do much more than web design, as the door opens for windows applications, backend webservices, APIs etc etc.
    I'd hate to have to relearn everything in another framework, Java, apache, php etc! I guess it depends what youare trying to do and how much time you have! But NetStar is right, once you learn one, theres no reason why you cant pick up another pretty quickly.. Java and C#are almost the same...

Steve Cooke, Feb 16, 2017 IP
  18. yedort

yedort Member

Best Answers:
    ASP is like...old.

yedort, Mar 9, 2017 IP
  19. mkkhatri

mkkhatri Member

Best Answers:
    Well both are different from each other. Php is an opensource where as asp.net is quite secured.

mkkhatri, Mar 31, 2017 IP
  20. paulclark

paulclark Member

Best Answers:
    Both ASP.NET and PHP are good platforms; it depends on your requirements and purpose of the website. PHP is one of the commonly used scripting 'languages', and developers are reliant to it. However, ASP.NET technology that has Microsoft as its backup wearer and can be managed across any .NET supported language. So, as per the project needs you can select either ASP.NET or PHP.

paulclark, Mar 31, 2017 IP