1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which one is better? MOZ or AHREFs

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Kamaldeep Singh SEO, Jan 24, 2018.

1. FOUAD IBOUKHOULEF

FOUAD IBOUKHOULEF Peon

Best Answers:
    May you use private name servers or change your current nameservers, it is won't really affect any search engine rankings or “SEO Rankings”. It's important to take care that if you change nameservers it shouldn't be a fake one. Your hosting provider plays an important role in your SEOrankings. If there are any kind of changes in your SEO ranking, then you can be rest assured that there are many other reasons behind that.

FOUAD IBOUKHOULEF, Dec 31, 2018 IP
  2. Steven Parker

Steven Parker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As I said at the start, we’re looking for a tool that help us in 6 areas. Now I’m going to recap those 6 areas and say which tool I think ‘won’ in each:

Tracking SERP against URL and keywords: Hands down, for this it’s Ahrefs. Even though you can’t bulk search the ranking of guest posts, Moz can’t do this at all.

Finding quality keywords: This review has been updated since its first publication in 2016; back then, we decided that Ahrefs’ lack of a keyword difficulty metric made Moz the more valuable tool. However, Ahrefs has improved their Keywords Explorer vastly since then and now it more than matches up to Moz. With metrics like estimated backlink count to rank, cost per click, and volume breakdown by country, Ahrefs offers much richer data. Another point for Ahrefs.

Analyzing on-page optimization: Since Moz is the only tool of the two which offers on-page optimization, Mozis the winner here.

Tracking backlinks: Without a doubt, the best backlinks tool is Ahrefs. When comparing Moz’s backlink data against Ahrefs’, it’s clear that Moz doesn’t have as much data at all, which makes for less well-informed decisions. Go Ahrefs!

Snooping on competitors: While Ahrefs isn’t a tool specifically designed to gather competitive data, it does a rather good job at it. The Positions Explorer (the star of the show), pulls up the top 10 competitors for each search domain and then lets you see all the terms they rank for, and at what position. While Moz’s Keyword Difficulty tool gives great insights, the Positions Explorer takes Ahrefs to the top in this category. Again.

Generating fresh content ideas: For content ideas, the Content Explorer which comes built into Ahrefs is both more capable (for the reasons I need it) and less expensive than Moz Content (from $59/month). While the content audit Moz Content provides is useful, I’m going to keep trialing the free version and see if I feel it’s worth the full price as the blog and company grows.

Steven Parker, Jan 2, 2019 IP