1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which one is better idea

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by dshah, Sep 6, 2005.

I need to SEO on my phpbb + smartor album site so that SEs can gulp it. As of now none of my threads/posts are indexed by yahoo or msn or google.

I see there are some mods available which can archive or convert the forums posts/threads in to .html files (or so) and then it becomes very friendly for SEs.

I am bit unsure of installing this mod as it might affect something else and I am not sure how stable the site will be after installation (no 404s please :) )

Other thought I have is, create a page which will list all the topics/threads links with summary of it. It can be huge (sitemap) page and then submit it to all search engines. So that their spiders can then go to each post/thread following links.

Any other ideas, suggestions? Please do post. Let me know which probably would work better.

Many Thanks :)

(note: I am already done with removing the session id for crawlers)

dshah, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  2. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    If you've already removed teh sess id's, you should be fine. The spiders read URLs with parameters in them. Try pointing more links at the forum to tell the SE's it's a more important site. If you really want to do some more modding, I think phpbb has a URL rewrite mod for it. Search at phpbb.com.

exam, Sep 6, 2005 IP