1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which of these sites is better? And why?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by teecamo, Mar 23, 2011.

I'm needing some feedback on these two designs. Essentially one spans across the whole page, the other is fixed width. Simple change, but dramatic difference.

http://www.pubbsoft.com

and

http://www.pubbsoft.com/fixedwidth/

I'm not totally done w/the second, but you will definitely get the point. I just had initial reaction to the first one that there were TOO MANY BARS spanning the whole page.

Your choice and WHY would be appreciated.

Thanks.

teecamo, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  2. xira

xira Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like www.pubbsoft.com better. There are no differences between the sites that I saw, other than the spanning background. Considering most people are on 1024 or higher resolution screens, this design is better because is fills a lot of empty space with something interesting. The second design has only gray in the background. The black border is too strong, the curved and beveled effect is kinda 2000 looking, and in short... the first one is better.

xira, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  3. style0

style0 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree completely with the above, but I would date the bevel effect to 1998 :)
    Serióusly, the ruóunded and beveled butons and elements has to go. The site will be fine without them, they just look old and does not match the product/service at all.

style0, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  4. teecamo

teecamo Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha. Ok thanks. Any other thoughts on which is better? I want to get a good feel before finalizing.

teecamo, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  5. mezner

mezner Peon

Best Answers:
    The first is easily better, because fixed width helps a wider audience of people. Not everyone has high resolution. It is the same design, and works for a wider range. Is it a HUGE difference? No, but it is the little things that count.

mezner, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  6. shrikrishnatechnologies

shrikrishnatechnologies Peon

Best Answers:
    i like 1st one it look more profession design

shrikrishnatechnologies, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  7. rt.maverick007

rt.maverick007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    well ist one is better..

rt.maverick007, Mar 25, 2011 IP