1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which of my domain extensions is best suited for Google PageRank SEO?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by WhereAcceptsBTC, Dec 19, 2017.

I have a new web business venture, WhereAcceptsBitcoin, that will be up and running in the next few weeks. Essentially, it's going to be a directory of online & physical retailers that accept Bitcoin/BTC as a means of payment. I'll also probably expand into other cryptocurrencies once the core product is set up.
    SEMrush
    Since it was fairly cheap for me to acquire the following domains, I now have 4 domain extensions that all represent the same name, effectively. They are:
    • WhereAcceptsBitcoin.co.uk - I plan on starting with UK retailers first, since this is where I live.
    • WhereAcceptsBitcoin.com - Fairly obvious, this is the best global domain extension.
    • WhereAcceptsBitco.in - An Indian/.in domain name hack that I was able to acquire for very little cost.
    • WhereAcceptsBitcoin.XYZ - Came free with the above usernames.
    In total, I have spent ~£20 on the above domain names and hosting for a year. For now, I'm running a simple WordPress template on the site until I can get content on there.

Which domain name is the best one to be the base domain name? For now, all of the domains redirect to WhereAcceptsBitco.in, which is where the site is hosted and the domain the business email addresses use.

However, I'm guessing the .com address will be best suited to helping climb the Google rankings? Unless it's the .co.uk address because I'll be targeting the UK first.

Apologies for the lengthy post (especially on my first post here), any help and opinions re: what I've asked is appreciated! I'd rather not turn this into a debate on the viability of cryptocurrencies etc... :)

WhereAcceptsBTC, Dec 19, 2017 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say any of the above domain extension will work depending on how you optimize your website.

Patricia Ann Lee, Dec 19, 2017 IP
  3. WhereAcceptsBTC

WhereAcceptsBTC Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess I might stick with the .in domain as my main one then, since I already have the others directed to it, my social media accounts and emails running off of this domain :)

Thanks!

WhereAcceptsBTC, Dec 19, 2017 IP