1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which Method You Use To Get Your 1st ClickBank Affiliate Sale

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by affiliateslittleguy, Jan 13, 2007.

1. ez-online-money.com

ez-online-money.com Peon

Best Answers:
    uh...

not much to this, just put some clickbank links on my site, get a lot of traffic, and hope for the best?

ez-online-money.com, Feb 12, 2007 IP
  2. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I noticed that you haven't shared yet affiliateslittleguy...sure would like to hear your tips?

briguy, Feb 12, 2007 IP
  3. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not if you actually intend to make money with it.

-T

Telmari, Feb 12, 2007 IP
  4. SmoothMoney

SmoothMoney Peon

Best Answers:
    First affiliate sale was from PPC!

SmoothMoney, Feb 12, 2007 IP
  5. moneyspeaks

moneyspeaks Peon

Best Answers:
    Like most people my first sales started small on ppc engines, mainly google. But yahoo, msn adcenter are just as valuable. Also, opt-in lists.

moneyspeaks, Feb 12, 2007 IP
  6. dog_24

dog_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    My first sale was from a forum sig.

dog_24, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  7. crownrahul

crownrahul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I got US$ 35 my first clickbank commission from my website.

thanks/regards

Crown

crownrahul, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  8. briancollins

briancollins Peon

Best Answers:
    Building a list should is vital and as Jason said should be the first thing you do and the main thing you build your campaigns around, adding to your list and subscriber base.

As for tools, forget the one's that come with your hosting, they are effectively no good, for one simple reason.
    They are not double opt-in.

Here comes the technical bit, pay attention at the back....

In order for a mailing list to be within the ICAN anti-spam rules it nees to be double opt-in. This simple means you enter your name and email address in the subscriber box on the website, then you go to that emails inbox and click on the confirmation link. Then your verified.

I'm guessing this is to prevent people who dont like you entering your email address on all these boxes and you getting alod of weekly emails from every site and their dog.

Some double opt-in tools are avaliable at various companies and sites on the web. I personally use www.aweber.com and another good one is www.getresponse.com ( Marlon Sanders uses this so it must be good ).

So, they you have it.

As for the reasoning for having a list in the first place, as well as having thef acility to email however many peopel you have on your list, for virtually no fee ( except the monthly fee from aweber / get response ), you can also build a rapore with your list and build up your trust with them by adding a series of messages to be sent out at various intervals. This can be info, such as a short ecourse.

Regular newsletters will help as well with ganing trust, then your list is more liekly to buy / purchase your product you are promoting as an affiliate.

Dont abuse your list by sending loads of sales pitches and it will become your best asset.

I hope this has helped.
    Comment me :D

briancollins, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  9. nareshkumarg

nareshkumarg Peon

Best Answers:
    hello friends,

i am new to dp. could you any one to help how to give my request to others. please give your details to my personal mail id.

bye,

naresh

nareshkumarg, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  10. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm building a list of my own, slowly but surely. The problem is that it's not growing fast enough!

People always SAY "you HAVE to build your list!" but something tells me they're just repeating something they've read, because it doesn't seem so easy to me. I started about two weeks ago, and I only have about 20 subscribers to my list.

How is that going to help me conquer the internet? I need some rock solid advice on HOW to get 1000 INTERESTED subscribers and fast!

Btw, I'm currently using Aweber for signups and my daily sales are around $100. I want to push that up to $400, so let's get rolling. :D

scottmweaver, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  11. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't worry about speed too much, Scott :) Visitors will come, slowly and surely - and in the meanwhile, it's good practice for how to market to the ones you do have on the list!

One thing you can do, depending on your configuration, is to have your front page be a "squeeze page" - a page optimized to A) generate curiousity & interest, and B) capture the email. Often times this can be a "For my FREE report on how these products measure up, and why you may be making a HUGE mistake if you choose the wrong one, please enter your email here". etc.

I'm sure others may have more knowledge on that than me, though.

-T

Telmari, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  12. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    Franck S, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  13. briancollins

briancollins Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you have to be carefull.
    Alot of forums are the blind leading the blind. As you say it is just people repeating what they have read somewhere and are only after a bit of ego stroking or glorification from their fellow forum posters.

Most of the time they dont walk the walk.

I have just hit 500 on my list and have been going about 3 months.
    Someone I know has 19,000 after just over a year !

As Telmari said, who cares about speed :D

briancollins, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  14. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    Building a list is not that difficult when you think about it. I wouldn't care about speed like telmari and briancollins said.

What is important is the relation that you develop with your "list" (I don't really like this word, I prefer "subscribers").

Make them trust you, and try to know them.

Franck S, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  15. dog_24

dog_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    I couldn't agree more, Frank, especially if you're a vendor, establishing a relationship is a good thing, imagine how many people you can talk out of refunds if you're in good relationship with them?

dog_24, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  16. TheDeep

TheDeep Peon

Best Answers:
    I am kind of confused with this whole "name squeeze" thing. I have read it on many threads in this and other forums that what we as an affiliates need to do is to pre-sell the product or generate curiosity.

One of the ways (Please let me know if there are other ways), I understand, is to write up a review about the product you are selling. First of all if you have already written a review of the product - why would people be interested in subscribing to your list.

Let's say that you didn't review the product in full but generated enough curiosity to get your audience to submit their email to your list on your review page. But once you have sent them your review about the product then what else is there to say to them. In other words, what would you write in your 2nd and subsequent emails to the list.

TheDeep

TheDeep, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  17. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Fair questions, TheDeep.... mainly, if you have just a squeeze page with no product review, chances are you can probably collect the opt-ins fairly easily, since you haven't given them much information yet but have them interested.

However, even if you have already given them the review of the product, there's so much more to follow up with them on - as has been mentioned here, one of the big things you do in the mailing list over time is to build interest and trust from your subscribers because you are building the list with the idea that not only to you want to sell your main product, but you also want to be able to follow up with subsequent items that are more or less related.

For example, take the SEO/Internet Marketing niche. How many of us have signed up, early one, for one a "free newsletter on SEO/IM tips" from Perry Marshall or Brad Callen or something, and we're still on the list today because they keep sending out interesting tips (of course, always with a product to buy that relates to the tips, even if it's the same product 5 times in a row).

It's this kind of marketing that can grab you many sales overnight on sending out of a new email regarding a brand new product that's just come out. Day Job Killer, for example. Ultimately, the newsletter is there to keep building interest & trust so that you can continue to sell to the same customers over & over again.

Hope this helps.

-T

Telmari, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  18. Bulldog-Designs

Bulldog-Designs Active Member

Best Answers:
    I havent made any sales yet with Click Bank and i've submitted one article to three article directories.

I also threw $50 into an MSN Adcenter camp. but havent seen any results yet
    :(

Bulldog-Designs, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  19. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    Continue to submit to article directories and split test your landing pages:

1) Name Squeeze
    2) Other.

Stick at article marketing, and if you chose a good niche, you will get results. Be patient, a business is growing.

Do not link directly to merchant, link to your assets instead (your blog, your site...)

Franck S, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  20. yoben

yoben Peon

Best Answers:
    I earned my first and second Clickbank sale from Google Adwords.

But the sad part... I spent nearly $90 to earn those $52 :mad:

yoben, Feb 20, 2007 IP