1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which is worse?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Obamanation, Nov 24, 2013.

?

Which is worse or more offensive

1. Alec Baldwin calling a homosexual a "c*cksucking fag" off air out of anger

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Martin Bashir saying Sarah Palin should have her mouth defecated in, as part of his taped broadcast

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
    MSNBC compassionate and tolerant liberalism was on display this week when two of their stars were caught on camera saying something naughty. One of these two people had his show suspended indefinitely for the infraction. Which one do you think deserves such a penalty?

Obamanation, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  2. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody can argue against the fact that Sarah Palin is an idiot and he just used the reference to show how stupid she sounds when she talks about slavery. Beside I am sure there is much better use of her mouth than that. ;):)

gworld, Nov 24, 2013 IP
    newbie191 likes this.
  3. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    In my opinion:

#1 video: I think Martin Bashir's rant is ridiculous. He's trying very hard to make a big deal of Sarah Palin saying that being in serious debt is like slavery. Lots of people have used that comparison. He just sounds like a complete idiot.

#2 video: I think Alec Baldwin is a hot head that used a poor choice of words.

Democrats should be ashamed!

Out of the two choices, I'd say Martin Bashir was the worst.

Rebecca, Nov 25, 2013 IP
    Obamanation likes this.
  4. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    True, but faux outrage is a staple of political broadcasting, both by the left and by the right. I think the left makes bigger leaps, like this one, in the faux outrage business, but I've seen Hannity get his panties in a twist about some pretty ridiculous things too. Its become quite commonplace.

The thing I thought was out of the norm for Bashir's broadcast was the not so subtle implication that someone should sh*t in Sarah Palin's mouth. Thats the kind of thing you see put to print by an anonymous poster on a message board. The kind of thing that gets that anonymous poster banned. The fact Bashir went to air on a major media outlet, with those words pre-programmed into a teleprompter is just stunning.

I also agree that Baldwin is a hot head. I'll admit, I don't like the guy, or his politics. He is way to arrogant. All that said, it was said in anger and most certainly not pre-planned, scripted, or meant for public consumption. It is so strange that of the two, he is the guy who lost his show for his remarks.

Obamanation, Nov 25, 2013 IP