1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

which is the best wamp server for production???

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by test23, Aug 13, 2007.

I'm seeking a combination of apache+mysql+php running on Windows as a production server.

I found http://www.uniformserver.com/ , and the site say it can run in production, but this is the first time i see it, I don't know if it is good for me.

My OS is windows 2003, 1G memory ,xeon 2.6G, my site's pv is about 60,000/day and it's still increasing...

is anybody using uniformserver as your production server, what about its performence? is it good for me?

are there any other recommendations?

I also found http://www.wampserver.com/en/ , xampp ,appserv-win32-2.5.9.exe ,WebServ-1.3.4.0.exe, wamp5_1.7.2.exe , but it seems they are only for personal test purpose.

I'm looking forward your kind suggestion!

thanks a lot!!!

test23, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  2. ilxeon

ilxeon Peon

Best Answers:
    why you want to run apache+mysql+php on windows ?

ilxeon, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  3. the_wanderer

the_wanderer Peon

Best Answers:
    the best wamp server is a lamp server. :)

the_wanderer, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  4. bouncer69

bouncer69 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have that much visitor you should take a linux server with a standard control panel.

bouncer69, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  5. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd second that... :)

But if you still need an intuitive, feature-rich and easy solution for windows, WAMPserver is the way to go...it can switch between online and offline mode in a click, change settings, modules, etc in clicks.

agnivo007, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  6. test23

test23 Peon

Best Answers:
    hi everybody,

thank you very much!

I'm not familiar with linux and have been using win2003 for a long time. and I don't like IIS. that's why I'd like apache+mysql+php running on Windows.

I think I will finally switch to lamp, but that takes long time. my time is urgent
    I need a quick solution. I'm eager to know a proven wamp package that can support my traffic well.

and the other imortant point is how to opertimize the performance and load on windows. maybe some pre-package have tested and done a good job.
    maybe some have never thought about it, since it's only for personal test.

that's my situation,
    I'm expecting more kind suggestions

thanks!

test23, Aug 15, 2007 IP