1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WHich is the best FREE forum software?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by medusa, Sep 18, 2005.

1. chnmoneys

chnmoneys Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is only part of it ,you have missed the leading forum software discuz and phpwind,they are not in English does not mean that they are not as powerful as the ones you mentioned in the article,I personelly think the forum software you mentioned is less powerful in every aspects when compared to Discuz and Phpwind,IPBoard,phpbb?You should check out Discuz and phpwind,here is my article for these,also wish you could have my link attached in the comment thank you.
    hub.chnmoneys.com/index.php?threads/leading-open-source-forum-software-phpwind-and-discuz.1/

chnmoneys, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  2. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure, which one should i recommend. SMF or phpBB. I have use SMF and find good result but support become poor after leave by Illori. Where phpbb is use by many government websites. It is good , incase of hacking b'coz Government websites get attack many times as compared to normal hacking.
    Now come to Mybb, mybb already get hack previous year.

humtuma, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  3. super

super Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Which one has the best community or support?
    Can anyone compare mybb, phpbb and simple machines in this regard?

super, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  4. EddieC

EddieC Active Member

Best Answers:
    SMF has a great support community, I'm pretty competent at coding etc so don't have to ask for much help but any time I have got stuck my problem has been resolved quickly. On trickier problems it's not uncommon to find four or five members in a thread all working on a solution, I really can't fault them.

EddieC, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  5. envira

envira Member

Best Answers:
    MyBB the best, Easy and awesome.
    You can blindly go for it :)

envira, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  6. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    Vanilla Forums can be a good site of making a community forums. With this varied and unique features, you can create a customized community. People will give their positive participation because it provides powerful hosting in the open source community forum. The community will drive easily with various opinion and suggestions from different kind of people.