1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which is the Best eCommerce platform in 2013?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by amytaber, Jan 8, 2013.

1. lakwaun

lakwaun Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If anybody is still wondering, I have heard a lot of Magento, so it would appear that it is one of the best but make sure you web host has InnoDB in there database! Found a good discussion as to why my installation wasnt working only after hours of trying to figure it out on ipage.
    https://www.facebook.com/iPage/posts/10151120005337192

lakwaun, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  2. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    I hope it could help you decide what to use, http://weboutsourcing-gateway.com/blog/2013/03/pick-your-e-commerce-platform/ Also learn more techniques in utilizing Magento and OpenSource for eCommerce website.

3. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    creativewebmaster, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  4. lixonic

lixonic Active Member

Best Answers:
    yep, i second that. shopify is recommended for those who don't know about coding and hosting

lixonic, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  5. SKata

SKata Peon

Best Answers:
    AbanteCart is an ideal open source solution for my small online business. I expected small issues in installation and preparation, but all actually went very smooth. I used softaculous on my host to install, and managed to set site up in about 10 minutes.

SKata, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  6. Skunkard

Skunkard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Love WooCommerce & Wordpress for small ecommerce sites, it is so versatile. Magnento/Prestashop for shops with bigger inventories

Skunkard, Oct 8, 2013 IP
  7. SKata

SKata Peon

Best Answers:
    You also can try CS-Cart and OpenCard. It is easy to set up and manage them. There are much more features in comparing with other shopping carts.

SKata, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  8. Domain1

Domain1 Peon

Best Answers:
    My friend and I have used a range of platforms during our last five years in the e-commerce industry. From initial setup and product selection to writing product specs and content for the web. In my time I’ve always been a big believer in using e-commerce platforms for e-commerce and blogging platforms for blogging.. but WooCommerce for wordpress in my opinion is excellent, no question in my mind that it's among the best out there.

Domain1, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  9. avinash gaud

avinash gaud Member

Best Answers:
    Yes magento is really good option

avinash gaud, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  10. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since this thread seems to be the most involved, I'll post what I've learned here.

WordPress w/ Whatever Paid/Free Plugin for Commerce You Want - These are a great and most cost effective way to start selling stuff. However, they are typically limited on payment gateways in regards to functionality. Expect to spend more time setting this commerce store up than any other option out there. The biggest downer, UPGRADES, regular WordPress updates break some aspects of your commerce platform and if you don't patch then you open your store up to security threats. The constant need to update and make sure the company I got my commerce plugin from updates, was what drove me to find alternatives.

Magento - I see so many people suggesting this, but the last time I used it, it was just too complicated to get rolling. If you do the Magento GO then the cost is too much, compared to alternatives out there. So which are people recommending, the Magento GO, the Magento Free, or Enterprise? 200mb storage, 4gb of bandwidth, seems real limiting for a start up type ecommerce store. I guess if you have a ton of items and HUGE volume then they might be the way to go, since they don't charge transaction fees.

Bigcommerce - Probably the best priced option out there, because they don't charge transaction fees, if you use a 3rd party payment provider. I considered going with them, except they do not offer a flexible, built-in blogging platform to accompany your store. Everything looks awesome that they provide, but having a BLOG and content delivery system is extremely important and vital to my marketing strategy.

Shopify - This is probably who I'm going to go with. I dont' like the idea that they charge a transaction fee if I don't use them as a processor, but I can live, as they are competitive with their rates. As a hosted solution, that's secure, and within .5% of the fees I'm paying at PayPal, it seems like a great option. Unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, offers a hosted blogging solution, and is well known for their stores speeds. I've yet to see a compelling reason to look elsewhere, especially the parroted Magento. Unless I'm missing something?

cldnails, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  11. WDclub

WDclub Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress + Ecwid Shopping Cart :) - Works like a charm!

WDclub, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  12. prasad nly

prasad nly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    in my opinion you'll do seo process for making your websites as first level , seo promote your websites page rank
    visit:prasadseo.com

prasad nly, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  13. great_friend

great_friend Active Member

Best Answers:
    Go with opencart it is easy for host anywhere
    But if you have good budget to invest in the hosting you go with Magento :)

great_friend, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  14. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say its Magento. Magento is an extremely efficient content management system that has been used by many eCommerce websites. It provides with multi-store functionality that enables the online store owners to reach out to a wide range of people all over the world by having stores in different languages and currencies.

MilesWeb, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  15. SlimCharles47

SlimCharles47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you're on WordPress, using the WooCommerce plugin for eCommerce is a pretty easy solution. It's also nice because you can take advantage of the WooThemes library as well. OpenCart is also a good option, and is very easy to set up and manage if you're a bit less technical. There are some limitations to those options though. If you have a higher traffic store with a lot of products, you may want to consider Magento. There's a reason it's the most used eCommerce platform. It is high powered and can really boost your store. It takes more work of the box though and is a resource hog, but if you have the chops or can hire someone that does, Magento is the way to go. This post breaks down the differences between Magento and OpenCart, which I think are the two best options. Hope this helps - http://www.wiredtree.com/blog/opencart-vs-magento-which-ecommerce-platform-is-right-for-you/

SlimCharles47, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  16. Dianasmith

Dianasmith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Shopifys, Magentos, Big Commerces and Lemonstands are best platform for E- Commerce .

Dianasmith, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  17. dinesh003

dinesh003 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Magento and Opencart is best CMS for E-commerces Site.

dinesh003, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  18. Beth Fields

Beth Fields Peon

Best Answers:
    I vote for Opencart large number of plug-in s good efficiency and easy customization, neat clear and easy to manage.

Beth Fields, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  19. john.peter

john.peter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Always Magento. !

john.peter, Apr 19, 2014 IP
  20. sitescripts

sitescripts Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    sitescripts, Apr 20, 2014 IP