1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which is the best eCommerce Framework today?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by magentomodule, Feb 29, 2012.

1. aveh091112

aveh091112 Peon

Best Answers:
    aveh091112, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  2. Anna Stacy

Anna Stacy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No doubt Meganto is good enough, but you can also try 'Cerizmo'. It focus on selling digital goods offering a secure hosting for your files and a fully customizable white label front-end. Its up to you,as you can use your own domain or a Cerizmo subdomain. Its most basic plan offers $300 limit, 2Gb disk space and unlimited products and bandwidth:)
    Thanks

Anna Stacy, Oct 2, 2012 IP
  3. joseprincely

joseprincely Member

Best Answers:
    The best eCommerce framework is magento.

joseprincely, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  4. ericfox

ericfox Peon

Best Answers:
    According to me Magento is best then any one but now a days PrestaShop is better then other.

ericfox, Oct 16, 2012 IP
  5. heenah

heenah Peon

Best Answers:
    Virtual mart is good for the small scale shopping cart, or your site's main focus is CMS. You can take advantage of many joomla extensions.
    But My vote is goes to Magento , very fit in to shopping cart applications

heenah, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  6. xuled

xuled Banned

Best Answers:
    Actually it varies from person to person and i think different people must have different thinking.

xuled, Oct 21, 2012 IP
  7. Devric

Devric Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We recently started using Egg Basket and clients seem to be able to manage it pretty easily + it's reduced our dev time massively. Highly recommended.

Devric, Oct 17, 2013 IP
  8. VevoCart eCommerce

VevoCart eCommerce Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    totally agreed. Each platform has pros & cons. All in all, this really depends on business requirements & business preferences or even personal preferences.

VevoCart eCommerce, Oct 18, 2013 IP
  9. poonosbill

poonosbill Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think Magento is great, but it's overkill for a lot of shops, and integration is problematic. You also need a pretty capable webhost--it's a lot of software. If you host on a site that isn't tuned for it, it will run like a pig. If you already have experience with Wordpress, especially if you have an established blog with traffic, you should take a look at some of the Wordpress shopping cart systems. I've tried several and been successful with them, I did a site called Kenalu.com using WP-ecommerce. The inventory management sucked, but other than that it worked pretty well. I sold that business to my partner, and now he's doing something funky that I don't recognize. Hired some guy to do it. Big mistake, the site was established as a emagazine before we started to sell paddles and it had 19,500 incoming links. Gone now.

My new ecommerce site (Ponostyle), which is in development, will use WooCommerce. Pretty good stuff. No, it's not Magento, but it's quick and easy and works in an environment I'm comfortable in. I"m writing an article (slowly) on various platforms for SpeakCommerce magazine, which is another venture I'm working on. A forum-based site focused on multi-channel ecommerce and the integration issues and duct-tape work arounds we all have to deal with.

poonosbill, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  10. Mary Jane Smith

Mary Jane Smith Peon

Best Answers:
    Easy integration is important for saving time and money. No one has the time to re-type the same data in different places, spending less time on setting things up and running is crucial. Magento, Shopify and Bigcommerce, which all have good integration options to both CRM, accounting and email marketing solutions.

Mary Jane Smith, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  11. Aff_Fan

Aff_Fan Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to sell digital products (php scripts, joomla extensions, etc) the best solution is WHMCS.com + license add-on.
    It's very inexpensive, but professional solution:
    - unlimited products
    - custom product fields
    - custom client fields
    - ticket support system
    - affiliate program

Aff_Fan, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  12. Tom_WebostingUK LTD

Tom_WebostingUK LTD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Magento is best for Ecommerce.

Tom_WebostingUK LTD, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  13. alangeo

alangeo Member

Best Answers:
    For me Megento works better for E-commerce website development.

alangeo, Apr 8, 2014 IP
  14. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    Lots of love for Magento in this thread! A few people have also pointed out that Magento isn't the best for every single eCommerce need. A couple of others have also pointed out the fact that there really might not be a single option that's the absolute best in the business. It really depends on your needs, and also on your level of experience dealing with the technicalities of setting up and running an eCommerce site. I've heard from sellers that Magento can require a bit of technical expertise and might even necessitate the help of a developer -- but this might depend on the individual setting up the store, because I've also heard the exact opposite from other sellers.

I think the best way to make a decision that's going to really work for you and work/grow alongside your business is to take the longview into account. Consider where you are now, where you want to be in a year or in three, and really think about the things you can expect you'll demand of your shopping cart.

Solid Commerce, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  15. m.sivarajan

m.sivarajan Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi
    You may try www dot fanyclone dot net, there is demo login for admin and user.. Try it.. it is better than magento

m.sivarajan, May 15, 2014 IP
  16. DeborahYoung

DeborahYoung Peon

Best Answers:
    The best framework is dependent on your requirements. If you need eCommerce for your small business, then Prestashop can be best for you. If it comes to choosing between free open source, then there are so many options. Some good platforms are:
    #OsCommerce
    #Zen Cart
    #WordPress
    #OpenCart
    #Magento
    #CubeCart
    #StoreSprite
    #Afcommerce
    Magento is the best according to me for commerce framework.

DeborahYoung, May 20, 2014 IP
  17. dedesigns

dedesigns Member

Best Answers:
    I like custom ecommerce script because we can modify that easily. change design or add / edit functionality with knowledge of PHP. Check the company which providing same at link below: http://www.uniquescriptz.com/ecommerce-script/

dedesigns, May 21, 2014 IP