1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which is more important, frequency or reach?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Jeet Tan, May 8, 2022.

I was just thinking about some of things on marketing lately which this question came up..

Which is more important: frequency or reach in marketing? I wrote down the definitions.

Reach

Reach is about how many “views” you can rack up. If a piece of content has high reach, that means it is widely distributed in the marketplace. In layman's term, a lot of people has viewed, interacted or passed by your content.

High reach is good because it helps you gain more product awareness. High reach is also achieved through a good marketing distribution strategy. If you can distribute the content in many places where there are people that are interested in it, then you will usually acquire high reach.

Frequency

Frequency is about how much content you are publishing. If you have a high frequency in marketing, it means that you are publishing a lot of content. Although high frequency does not necessarily equate to high reach.

High frequency in marketing is about publishing content often which makes the chance of a person that stumbles across your product to be interested in taking an action - be it subscribing to you, buying your product or sharing. High frequency in marketing is simply not optional in branding because frequency are what creates loyal customers, fans or followers.

Which is more important?

I don't know. I did write this article on why frequency is more important. But now that I think about it, I think reach is also as important if not more important because if no one knows about your work, you can't really up your frequency. But yet again, if you have no frequency, then even if you had infinite reach - it still wouldn't matter. Thoughts?

Jeet Tan, May 8, 2022 IP
  2. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well what its amoung most important in a business ? Its the traffic .So reach = traffic .So if you have good reach you can work just a little per day and you can break it .Also frecvency its also important but not so important like reach because the final purpose of your website its the reach of people giving you traffic .

Spartan14, May 8, 2022 IP
  3. Paincrusher

Paincrusher Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hmm... I'd be a bit cunning and answer both matters. However, if you set up a question like a choice for us, then I stand for frequency =)
    As well as you have allocated frequency as the more valuable variable than reach. I believe the more content you create and the more unique content you create, then the more reach you will have. Of course, not always, but if you will work on other directions ( I mean those ones which help to promote your content ), then frequency will matter a lot.

Finally, when you will get a particular reach, but you will be lack of content, it will be a real trouble for you and all the viewers and readers will leave you alone with your ideas and your old-fashioned content. So, it's better to pay more attention to frequency as for me. Anyway, I'd also want to listen to those ones who can prove the value of reach, it's fascinating =)

Paincrusher, Jun 28, 2022 IP
  4. MargoFarrel

MargoFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    Reach is most important when there is a lack of competition. But better to maximize both your reach and frequency throughout a marketing campaign

MargoFarrel, Jun 29, 2022 IP