1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

which is faster drupal, joomla, or mambo? best to manage pages, no community.

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by pood, Dec 9, 2006.

Which one is the fastest to run? Joomla, mambo, or drupal?

I only need a CMS to keep track of my galleries for a babe site I'm thinking of working on. I don't need blogging, I only need to track hits and keep the galleries organized.

Which one would you use?

I'm kind of leaning towards Joomla right now since Joomla is basically mambo and it's being worked more than mambo.

Drupal, i read is best for community aspect, but I really don't need that right now. Is that good for forums? I was thinking of getting vbulletin when the time comes to start a community.

pood, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  2. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    You might want to just try wordpress.....
    Joomla's good for anything though

factchecker, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  3. stealthgear

stealthgear Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't like joomla's templates. If you want to change up the look of your site often, your better off with something like word press. Even then there is a little bit of a learning curve. Since your not going to have a community, maybe there is some kind of gallery script somewhere?

stealthgear, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  4. decodethis

decodethis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use Joomla and Joomlashack templates. It's easy to add content and to me the templates Joomlashack and Rockettheme put out are excellent. I prefer Joomlashack because I think the designs are more "SEO" friendly.

There are also several excellent gallery modules for Joomla. Do a search through www.joomla.com's directory.

decodethis, Dec 9, 2006 IP