1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which is better? PHP or Java(JSP/Servlet) ?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by davindarrel, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Izonedig

Izonedig Member

Best Answers:
    I don't remember when was the last time I saw a website in ASP ( except microsoft), and in JSP. I'm not sure if I saw one ever !

Izonedig, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  2. astkboy2008

astkboy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    sure and sure
    PHP

astkboy2008, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  3. Kaizoku

Kaizoku Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well anything is faster than java

Kaizoku, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  4. vedicrishi

vedicrishi Peon

Best Answers:
    sure and certain its' PHP PHP and PHP
    fast
    free
    reliable
    community
    support
    available tutorials on net

Nothing beats PHP.........cheers

vedicrishi, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  5. Roderla

Roderla Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry that I resurrect the old topic, but it's just that I myself once encountered this issue, and spent a lot of time to find really useful information.
    It isn't correct to compare Java to PHP. Since PHP is a server-side scripting language whereas Java is a general-purpose language. In other words, PHP is only used as a server-side language where Java is both for the server-side and desktop programming language. Moreover, Java is compiled and strongly-typed language. On another hand, PHP is a dynamically typed language. Hence, only for server-side programming, the comparison between Java and PHP makes sense.
    Java was designed as a general-purpose programming language for building standalone applications. When Java was released by Sun in 1991, it was initially being used to program consumer electronics like VCRs.

Java is a compiled language, so when you compile the code it’s turned to intermediate binary for the specific operating system running your software. Its applications are compiled into bytecode that can run on implementations of the Java Virtual Machine (JVM). The JVM helps bridge the gap between source code and the 1s and 0s that the computer understands. Any machine that has the JVM installed can run Java.

In development, Java is primarily a server-side language for the web and the programming language of choice for mobile development on the Android platform. It also still has a decent presence on the front-end as a Java applet, although this is falling out of favor due to security concerns.

Roderla, May 24, 2018 IP