1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

which is better for SEO. http://www.xxxxxxx.com or http://xxxxxxx.com

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by timothy104, Oct 2, 2006.

1. ddcireland11

ddcireland11 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am sorry i can't understand your question. please specify your thread .after some time you can get your answer.

ddcireland11, Sep 27, 2012 IP
  2. shimeles

shimeles Active Member

Best Answers:
    WWW vs non-WWW – SEO Benefits
    There are absolutely no SEO benefits of choosing one over another. Even Google has said that it all depends on your preference.

What’s important is that you stay consistent with the one that you chose at the time of starting your website. In other words, DO NOT change your site URL to add or remove www from it. You can let Google know about your personal preference, and they will honor it. All you have to do is go in your Google Webmaster Tools account and click on your site. If you have not added your site to Google Webmaster tools, then follow our guide on

shimeles, May 25, 2016 IP
  3. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its doesn't have any impact on SEO while you are using www or non www versions. But make sure that your site uses only one version of it. if you you use both than google might consider one as a duplicate site/content.

iwebsocial, May 26, 2016 IP
  4. netactor

netactor Member

Best Answers:
    newer seen difference, for user experience is also the same
    The same issue - to use or not .html in the end of URL

netactor, May 26, 2016 IP
  5. Mathavan K

Mathavan K Member

Best Answers:
    Please use with www. that will better .

Mathavan K, May 27, 2016 IP
  6. epicmolex

epicmolex Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    www. is always better because its a TOP level of webdomain or domain authority according to MOZ

epicmolex, May 29, 2016 IP
  7. HostWinds_Jesse

HostWinds_Jesse Member

Best Answers:
    I redirect all of my domains to remove the www. I feel it looks cleaner. Having www or not doesn't hurt or help your seo. But making your domain as easy and fast to type and spell does. Know one want to type mysuperduperawesomesite.com in an address bar.

HostWinds_Jesse, May 30, 2016 IP
  8. begin

begin Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like for doing with www at start. It's just because the feeling of balancing between the words :) , the most important should be center. And moreover, reserve for clarity when necessary to expand of subdomains.

begin, Jun 10, 2016 IP
  9. Mangesh Thakur

Mangesh Thakur Member

Best Answers:
    www.example.com is better option for SE, you set it by either .htaccess file OR Ir your using wordpress site then setting -->> general

Mangesh Thakur, Jun 10, 2016 IP
  10. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter it's a new website or old one. The only thing is there your website should have one URL so it is up to you, you can go with www or non-www, that best suit to you.
    Means you have to redirect your website on the one domain.

Sumit_Singh, Jul 22, 2017 IP
  11. Patel Jignesh

Patel Jignesh Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that when you add www. in front of a site, it acts as a hostname which can help with flexibility with DNS, ability to restrict cookies when using multiple subdomains, and more. Whereas non-WWW domains also referred as naked domains do not have a technical advantage.

Patel Jignesh, Jul 29, 2017 IP
  12. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's no impact in SEO, but I think at end users views, having www looks more friendly. IMO

daica85, Jul 31, 2017 IP
  13. CUTA

CUTA Active Member

Best Answers:
    non-www is better, because google page speed says avoid landing page redirect. since most of the people type a website in the address bar as
    google.com not www.google.com, users are often redirected from non-www to www when using www version.

however, there is no problem if you get visitors from search engines, social networks

CUTA, Aug 23, 2017 IP
  14. CUTA

CUTA Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like someone stated above, the problem of the non-www version is cookies are shared across all the subdomains, since the cookies are set in the naked domain not www. If you ran a test on gtmetrix it will complains use cookieless links for images. This can be avoided by doing one of the two things, either use www version or use another domain for the images. I think using another domain for images is quite good. However, requests with cookies are not a big problem, as cookies are not that big.

CUTA, Aug 23, 2017 IP
  15. iprism

iprism Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Every webpage redirect to with www redirection. Without www redirection some issue is occurred, i.e, called canonical issue.

Individual webpage can be loaded from multiple URL's. Multiple pages have same content but different URL's. At that time google confused which is the genuine url, that's the reason resolve canonical issue.

iprism, Sep 13, 2017 IP
  16. Swopnil

Swopnil Peon

Best Answers:
    i prefer this one much better www one

Swopnil, Sep 13, 2017 IP