1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which is better, 1 dofollow backlink or 1,000 nofollow backlink?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by dannicash, Sep 16, 2011.

Hi... I just wanna get some info, which is better, 1 dofollow back compare to 1,000 nofollow backlink? Anyone can tell? How many dofollow is good for google page 1?

dannicash, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  2. Prasseo

Prasseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hi,
    Always dofollow is best no doubt in that, but nowadays Search Engines consider nofollow links also don't spam surely it will be considered.

Prasseo, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  3. ronharper

ronharper Peon

Best Answers:
    1000 nofollow links is still a 1000 links so that is definitely of bigger value than 1 dofollow link. It may not be said or shown right from the get go, but Google's algorithm will eventually look to regard your site better.

A good analogy for it would be like 1000 entry-level workers recommending a restaurant to the CEO, against 1 Vice president telling his boss about a nice restaurant to try out.

ronharper, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  4. Alan Smith

Alan Smith Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also I agree with others that 1000 no follow links have more weight that 1 do follow link.

Alan Smith, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  5. Kavel

Kavel Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously 1000 no follow links is better than one do-follow link.

Kavel, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  6. mustwillza

mustwillza Member

Best Answers:
    thousand more than one
    but if 1 dofollow with Anchor tag,High PR and quality maybe better

mustwillza, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  7. Redchillimediausa

Redchillimediausa Peon

Best Answers:
    You can not neglect the value of no-follow links totally. Search engines give importance to no follow links also depending upon the quality of the links. So, if you have 1,000 no-follow links it will definitely worth more than 1 do-follow. And Its not only back links that count for higher page rank, there are other factors also for this.

Redchillimediausa, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  8. dailyposters

dailyposters Banned

Best Answers:
    although google announce that nofollow backlinks is not related to ranking
    but many seoers' practice prove that nofollow backlinks indeed help ranking

dailyposters, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  9. iccube

iccube Peon

Best Answers:
    Though Google crawls only do follow links, but 1000 no follow link will generate much traffic for your website as compared to 1 do follow link .
    So its not mandatory you only work for do-follow one's, always not all the links are do-follow..

iccube, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  10. seoservicesjpr

seoservicesjpr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Well its a good question. According to me both links are good as both of these help in increasing the traffic.
    The problem with 'No Follow' links is the Search Engines don't follow the links which you provide which means search engines won't visit the destination. As a result your website wont get SEO benefits.
    In this case the 'Do Follow' links can surely help you.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

seoservicesjpr, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  11. hashif

hashif Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1000 No follow links is best compared to 1 do follow links, no folow links can help you increase your traffic even though it is not crawled by spiders...But its far better to build 1000 Dofollow backlinks rather than building nofollow backlinks..Do follow backlinks are indexed by search engine spiders since they only crawl do follow backlinks..If you are linking it with proper anchor text of keyword you are focusing your website will get a better search engine rankings..:)

hashif, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  12. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1000 no follow
    Both no and do follow help in rankings

And mixing is a good way ...

w3bmaster, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  13. mutatedllama

mutatedllama Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd go with 1000 nofollow. Just because it is tagged with nofollow doesn't mean Google won't follow it ;)

mutatedllama, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  14. payday123

payday123 Peon

Best Answers:
    As per me 1000 more than one, but if 1 dofollow with Anchor tag,High PR and quality maybe better than 1000 no-follow back links.

payday123, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  15. dannicash

dannicash Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys!! It makes me more clearer, sometimes I just do blog commenting disregard the dofollow or nofollow... And, one of my selected keyword (anchor text) is on the 1st position now (around 6 month ago).

I'm trying my second selected keyword but it got stucked at no. 15. For the past 1 week I work quite hard to make it better, but failed! I just wonder what I have done wrong...

dannicash, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  16. fruzzlies

fruzzlies Member

Best Answers:
    I would say 1000 no follow but a good mix of both is always a good way to go.

fruzzlies, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  17. faysal969

faysal969 Member

Best Answers:
    NoFollow backlinks are not totally west of time and money. It has some useful value for Search engine ranking now a days. Beside that, if your comment is not spammed then you will get direct traffic from those pages. It will help you by increasing your site popularity.

faysal969, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  18. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    To people that think the "rel=NoFollow" attribute is ok in a link, keep getting them. You will never be competition to anyone and just wasting your time. The attribute was put their for one good reason, not to pass Google Reputation (PR) on to the linked site. Anytime you do link building, first check out if the are using the NoFollow attribute. If they are, move one to someone else. Always view source on the page your link will be placed on and then search for the word 'NoFollow'. If it is used any were on the page, then the link you get will be worthless.

And for those of you that keep stating that junk links like the bring you traffic, refer to your Google Analytics stats and you will see that you get NOTHING from the NoFollow links.

Question: How many of you have a Google Profile set up. This is a real POWER link. Right? Go to this link (my profile) https://profiles.google.com/jim.catanich#jim.catanich/about . Notice my "Recommended Links" (right side). Now View Source and scan for those links. Notice that they are not visible as HTML Links (<a href) links. After 6 months, these links have still not shown up in my Google Webmaster Tools External Link report. Any JavaScript link also has no value.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
    catanich, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  19. mr moro

mr moro Member

Best Answers:
    ofcourse 1000 nofollow backlinks are better than 1 dofollow on search engines ranking but i think they aren't effective on pagerank

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

best sites | job sites

mr moro, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  20. joeuk

joeuk Peon

Best Answers:
    Completely depends, If your just talking in terms of PR then maybe the one if it was of high PR, but what if the 1000 links were passing substantial traffic over to your site instead of PR, I'd go for them in that instance!

joeuk, Sep 17, 2011 IP