1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which is best traffic source? Facebook v/s Twitter

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by xprtwalk, Jun 21, 2010.

1. celinar

celinar Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess facebook is better for getting traffic.. twitter is not much bad afterall we can get traffic through twitter too..

celinar, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  2. SEOArbiter

SEOArbiter Peon

Best Answers:
    Although both are effective, Facebook is preferable because you can add more details to your page and build a better following, or fan base.

SEOArbiter, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  3. xprtwalk

xprtwalk Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya, I am agree that Facebook is providing more facilities and functionalities instead of the Twitter, but both I think are social traffic generated tool and both has its own way and beauty.

One has the limit of 140 chars. for exploring you in a better and effective way and on the other hand another has some good features and facilities to explore your products and services.

And for the members, somewhere both are suitable and somewhere one of them is best, so as per the ratio coming of the replies, what we can decide - as which one is the best from the both?????

xprtwalk, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  4. TheComputerGuy

TheComputerGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use facebook, as it allows for logins and users to share the "like" button.

TheComputerGuy, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  5. digital29

digital29 Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter was very good some time ago, but...now it`s full of spammers.
    Haven`t tried Facebook directly, but it is a very good idea

digital29, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  6. swood

swood Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter annoys me so much. Full of spam, capped comments, crap designs. Facebook is the winner hands down

swood, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  7. xmarketerz

xmarketerz Peon

Best Answers:
    i think fb..

xmarketerz, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  8. endfrs

endfrs Peon

Best Answers:
    twitter is best dude

endfrs, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  9. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh my goodness! I couldn't even judge which one is better , between Facebook or Twitter. I would focus on both :)

EngineerofSuccess, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  10. SeanM5

SeanM5 Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook should be more powerful than Twitter if you use it properly.

One of the main reasons is for how Facebook handles links. You can auto import your blog RSS feed and have it post your stories to FB wall and have the thumbnail preview and everything. Of course similar tools exist for Twitter but since Twitter has a 140 character limit (including URL) that limits you to posting just the headline with a link. It's not as enticing as a summary with a thumbnail image like you can display on FB. Also since Twitter uses URL shortener most of the time, people can't see where the link is going and may be more hesitant to click.

Another thing Facebook has is "applications" meaning you can display your YouTube and Twitter accounts on FB fanpage as well (and much more). Using FBML you can create a "tab" with your own HTML in it too. With Twitter you can only customize the background, (short) biography, and add your URL - that's it. So you can do a lot more with your page to keep people on it and looking at your website content.

Facebook also more of a community aspect to it while Twitter is more of a one-way conversation. What I mean by this is that Facebook has discussion boards and you can also see all of the comments that people leave on a fanpage wall, etc. With Twitter you don't see the discussion based around a tweet unless you're following the user (or if you search the persons @ replies - point is it's hidden and people rarely do that).

This is not to say that Twitter is useless, you just have more of opportunity to market and drive traffic to your website via Facebook.

SeanM5, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  11. webseoservices

webseoservices Peon

Best Answers:
    Both are great sources of traffic, but we have found that Twitter is better for us as out twitter following at twitter.com/web_seo_service has grown to 27,000 and we find it is easier to grow twitter followers than facebook friends/followers

Our website webseoservices.co.za gets over 50% of its traffic from Twitter

webseoservices, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  12. xprtwalk

xprtwalk Peon

Best Answers:
    so members, what you think now?

which one is going higher and the more ratio which one have? or both are useful and necessary.

As mostly are in favor of Facebook and some are stressing on twitter but ratio is with Facebook coz with more flexibility, more facilities, real time impressions and some limited features. But give more explore to your site.

xprtwalk, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  13. alexajas

alexajas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I go for facebook because you can place unlimited # of photos or texts/updates. It can also provide you more updates and increase your sales, especially if you have your own page selling products.

alexajas, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  14. kidd12345

kidd12345 Peon

Best Answers:
    It depend on the way you use them
    good luck

kidd12345, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  15. ZeeBuddy

ZeeBuddy Peon

Best Answers:
    According to me it is Twitter, if u have multi topics, and using Facebook u can get more traffic if u have product or service based website.

ZeeBuddy, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  16. candrison009

candrison009 Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed to zeebuddy also.

candrison009, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  17. angelmira

angelmira Peon

Best Answers:
    there are many things to consider here... followers on both fb and twitter... apps you use to promote, your niche, where you are finding these followers (meaning, are they interested in your topic?)

angelmira, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  18. eoinbronks

eoinbronks Peon

Best Answers:
    According to me twitter is the best source of traffic, The most important is quality and importance of shared link by you on twitter. for getting traffic use more flowers.

eoinbronks, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  19. Nugget

Nugget Peon

Best Answers:
    ı think Facebook because links stay there long and it's easier to communicate..

Nugget, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  20. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The best traffic comes from a social network in which they trust and like you.

usasportstraining, Jul 24, 2010 IP