1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which is best ecommerce software for creating Online store?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Paresh Shrimali, Apr 8, 2015.

1. MikeTran

MikeTran Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Magento it is. It's not only free but also stable and have a strong base of developer, hence so many plugin to customize

MikeTran, Oct 10, 2016 IP
  2. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Many have used Magento. It is easy to use plus it is open source. Some knowledge might be required to set it up, but then once you've done it then managing it is quite easy.

Milliardo, Oct 12, 2016 IP
  3. Dave Allen

Dave Allen Member

Best Answers:
    Magento is the best fit if you are going to open an eCommerce store. Wordpress is very easy to hack . So if you go with wordpress I am not sure if your information will be in safe hands.

Dave Allen, Oct 19, 2016 IP
  4. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    It would be great if you can sure your experiences on why magento is the best. For me it is a hard choice, too many great ones :)

wisdomtool, Oct 20, 2016 IP
  5. LiveChatSoftware

LiveChatSoftware Member

Best Answers:
    One of two: Magento or Shopify.
    Both are great and super easy to start with.
    There are other fantastic ecommerce tools (like Ecwid) but it's wise to begin with easy-to-use and proven products.

LiveChatSoftware, Nov 7, 2016 IP
  6. Chris Dunnan

Chris Dunnan Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Shopify myself because it's easy to use and integrates with the products I already like to use. Great customer service from Shopify. I've tried Bigcommerce, it's okay. Magento is no good... at least in my opinion. I think Shopify has the best apps for small business owners. For example, I use 4 different apps right now and the experiences are all native.

1) I use Sweet Tooth for loyalty programs (loyalty points, tracking, memberships)
    2) I use Reamaze for customer service (live chat, social, direct messaging)
    3) I use Xero for accounting (the free version)
    4) I use shipstation for shipment tracking

I picked these apps for Shopify because I already use them and really good integated experience and support. Hope that helps.

Chris Dunnan, Nov 11, 2016 IP
  7. Sumeet Zarkar

Sumeet Zarkar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello you can try this platform it's a best ecommerce platform : http://ecommerce-platform.paradisosoftware.com/

Sumeet Zarkar, Nov 16, 2016 IP
  8. Mithchen

Mithchen Member

Best Answers:
    I have been loyal user to Open Cart. It served me well. However, with its new update the thing almost pissed me off. I started noticing that my sales are declining. Despite of so many efforts and campaigns I couldn't get this much as per my expectation. I then thought to run analysis and found out that I need to have some technical changes which indeed wasn't easy for me. I then hired guy and the cost got massive. All in all, now I am seriously considering to shift my focus on some other e-commerce platform.
    Can you guys help me as there are so many platforms. Some one would say me to look this and that. However, I received number of options like Shopify, Magento, Big Cartel, Tibolli.NET, Woo-commerce.

What's the difference between all of them as I can see they are almost same except the fact that tibolli is offering free mobile application. But I am still afraid if I should opt this one or not?

Mithchen, Dec 7, 2016 IP
  9. Aileen B

Aileen B Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was planning on using OpenCart for my next eCommerce site as it seemed to have everything I need (albeit with some paid extensions). Things like sorting and filtering are going to be important as it's a clothing based store.
    I'm coming from using Zen Cart which just doesn't cut it these days. Things like installing modules/extensions were awkward and fiddly with Zen Cart (there's an option to install extensions in the OpenCart admin panel) and the sorting & filtering options were basic.
    OpenCart is inherently responsive and we all know how important that is to Google these days.

So yeah, in short, I think Open Cart is a real contender. I'm going to have a good look through this thread and see if any others would be more appropriate though.

Aileen B, Dec 7, 2016 IP
  10. Mithchen

Mithchen Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Aileen but honestly, I should tell you that going through open cart may not help you as i am also running product based store and deal with leather jackets. However, now I am thinking seriously to take a shift as I believe that in future I will need to have more and more sales. Apart from this, I would also say that in near future, I would like to have Mobile Application for my online store and now none of them is offering this feature. However in some other forums I have seen that oberlo can be integrated with Shopify and Tibolli.NET is also offering free application upon request.

However, still I have to do lot more research as I am much concerned with my future efforts.

Mithchen, Dec 7, 2016 IP
  11. Mithchen

Mithchen Member

Best Answers:
    You are right brother, but the thing is why is that we always need developer or technical person to have some changes and modifications. Why isn't there any platform that makes it convenient for me to do things on my own?

Mithchen, Dec 8, 2016 IP
  12. Oleksandr

Oleksandr Member

Best Answers:
    When I was deciding what platform to use for my ecommerce website, I decided to go for Magento(I have a solid 6-years development background). It turned out to be overkill for me.
    What I didn't like in Magento:
    • customization complexity - customizing my store became a real full-time job
    • speed issue - you have to build some whistles for your store to work fast, there is no fast speed out of box
    So after week of work on Magento, I pivoted to OpenCart and happy that I did so. It's much more friendly and simple platform. And the customization cost is much lower, because it's so simple.

So I recommend OpenCart from my experience.

Oleksandr, Dec 9, 2016 IP
  13. Mithchen

Mithchen Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm but one of my friend is using Open Cart and I have seen their back-end. When we process the order, there's always warning message that invalid IP address or invalid PayPal API. I have discussed it with my friend as well. We talked to our developer as well. Even I have seen it over online forums and lot more people have reported that this is kind an issue from platform and not any coding error. But I am too much concerned. What if my customer would've received this message?

Mithchen, Dec 19, 2016 IP
  14. Oleksandr

Oleksandr Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Mitchen.
    Good point and thanks for bringing it.
    Sure, OpenCart is not perfect and it has its flaws. Every platform has. But it's free and you have absolute control over platform. You own the source code and you can change everything(I'm a developer, so I value that ability a lot.) With Shopify you don't have that control - they own the server, the website. And you have to pay for the service and buy all the applications you need - mostly on a recurring basis. It makes it tough to use for small business where you don't want to pay $300-400 a month for the platform.
    So I choosed OpenCart and I'm really glad I did. But thank you for pointing out that flaw in OpenCart. It certainly exists, but the fix is pretty straightforward actually for people with coding experience.

Oleksandr, Dec 19, 2016 IP
  15. Mithchen

Mithchen Member

Best Answers:
    Your valuable feedback is appreciated. Since I am new and non-technical person so I would prefer the platform that should let you own things as free. Moreover, what if I need to get mobile application for my store. I haven't seen any such feature in the Open Cart.

16. Oleksandr

Oleksandr Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know about the mobile application in OpenCart. Does Shopify offer mobile app for your personal store? Could you share the link please? I would like to take a look.

17. Mithchen

Mithchen Member

Best Answers:
    I am not saying as I have not used any of them. I am just new to this and I am still exploring the ways. However over some other platforms I have seen that people have suggested me that Shopify and Oberlo together offer app. But I want standalone solution. Even some of the guys mentioned that Tibolli.NET is offering everything for free. Even Mobile Application too. Since I am non-technical person. So can you please take a look at these and help me to come up with the best possible solution.

18. Oleksandr

Oleksandr Member

Best Answers:
    Mithchen, I will take a look at those platforms closer. I'm not an expert by any means, but I can take a look and give you my opinion. I hope it will help you to make the right decision.

19. Mithchen

Mithchen Member

Best Answers:
    I would appreciate that.

Regards,

20. Abegail.s92

Abegail.s92 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I suggest Wordpress.

Abegail.s92, Dec 19, 2016 IP