1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which is best ecommerce software for creating Online store?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Paresh Shrimali, Apr 8, 2015.

1. RezzRaygun

RezzRaygun Member

Best Answers:
    I aways come across these kinds of questions. Which is the best something for such and such, when what you should be asking is which will fulfill my needs, budget, expectations and vision. Over the years i've seen things come and go. One thing considered the best only to be replaced shortly afterwards by another, and really it is all just very fickle and based on trends at any given moment.

There are many ecommerce platforms with good reputations, but nothing perfect because everything is constantly changing and evolving with web technologies, browsers and user interactions.

You may want to consider doing it the other way around. Instead of finding a platform and building something around that. Consider your needs and ideas first and then seek out what can most closely fulfill that. It's not like there is a shortage of platforms all with their own USP's.

RezzRaygun, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  2. rishcosys

rishcosys Active Member

Best Answers:
    Magento and then WordPress is the best once

rishcosys, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  3. blubloc.annm

blubloc.annm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Here are my suggestions

1) Shopify
    2) Bigcommerce
    3) Buysy
    4) Magento
    5) Volusion
    6) Squarespace

blubloc.annm, Jun 29, 2015 IP
  4. Alex Byhovtsov

Alex Byhovtsov Member

Best Answers:
    Magento and Wordpress are the most popular now. They are quite useful, I think you can try one of them.

Alex Byhovtsov, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  5. StacyF

StacyF Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think there are different factors you need to take into consideration (especially regarding the size of your company) before you pick what platform to use. Some of the smaller platforms mentioned in this thread can be outgrown, meaning that your business can get too big to be hosted on those platforms. The platform of our choice is Magento. It is open-sourced, scalable and there are many help forums and tutorials to help you out along the way as you build your store.

Launchpad by Creatuity (creatuity.com/launchpad) is a great way to start out if you are wanting a Magento store. You pay one flat fee of $4,000 and in just 2 business days, you get a fully-functioning Magento store with advanced extensions! It has a lot of amazing features, some of those being built in SEO, responsive design, PayPal and Google Analytics setup. On top of that, Launchpad it was built by Magento Certified developers so you can trust that the coding and implementation is the very best!

Once your site is made live, you (as the merchant) are able to customize and tweak anything as you wish! There really are a ton of benefits of Launchpad and I would be happy to answer any questions you have! You can contact me at our office at 972-807-9440. It's a wonderful option of anyone who is looking to start an ecommerce store. Hope this information helps!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    StacyF, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  6. Kamrul Manna

Kamrul Manna Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress is easy to manage.

Kamrul Manna, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  7. DeftDecor

DeftDecor Peon

Best Answers:
    Shopify is the best if you're selling a limited categories of products. If your store has several thousands of SKUs spanning 30+ categories, you will feel the limitations. People who have not gone in-depth with Shopify cannot tell you its limitations. For example, Shopify's navigation is horrible - there are no subcategories (every category is effectively its own collection, so there's little hierarchy and could be bad for SEO). Yes, you can get away with it using tags, but these are not true subcategory pages and are awful for SEO (these "tag"-based subcategories don't even have dedicated h1 tags ffs).

Products are handled by Shopify's "handles", which makes bulk managing large inventory a nightmare. Shopify is also arguably the worst when it comes to image SEO. Search Shopify's forums for images not ranking by their customers: you'll find stores having zero (yes, ZERO) images being indexed by Google Webmasters. It's so bad to the point that, if you have a store on Shopify and a blog on Blogger/Wordpress, your company logo hosted on the blog will outrank the logo from your main store. There's no known solution to this by Shopify.

There are more common complaints, but the general idea is: if you're planning a smaller boutique store, go Shopify. If you have ambitions of a larger store, be prepared to eventually migrate.

Where to migrate to? Magento, of course. They are the king of ecommerce running some of the largest online stores in the world. Coding and development is rough, and there aren't nearly as much pre-made goodies like themes like for Shopify and Wordpress. However, what you get is the strongest and most versatile ecommerce engine that can scale with a large business. The risk here is that, if you don't know what you're doing or rely on a lazy/outsourced developers, you can get a terribly ugly store with weak technical SEO. In that case, you're better off with anything else.

DeftDecor, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  8. JamieGreen

JamieGreen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Actually, it depends on the store you are going to run. For instance, I have a medium-sized online store and I use Finestshops. Not the best in its niche, but still cool. Prices are quite affordable. Plus the they offer very easy-to-use order management system. You can take orders 24/7 and that helps to keep your customers.

JamieGreen, Jul 10, 2015 IP
  9. Andy-Jones

Andy-Jones Member

Best Answers:
    Shopify is a good software to get started. Its a tailor made solution for those looking to set up their own online store.

Andy-Jones, Jul 10, 2015 IP
  10. Djordje Jovicin

Djordje Jovicin Peon

Best Answers:
    Magneto is not bad, shopify as well. Still by my opinion Kooomo shows the most promise. they are a bit new provider, but everything i saw was great. Their interface is extremely user friendly, and the SEO goes deep through every single aspect. It is easy to handle, doesn't require some special knowledge (you don't have to be a programmer to use it), and it works. Also, since they are quite fresh, they work constantly on improvements. I had the chance to take a look at their new user interface and it looks AWESOME. Every single aspect that can be improved, gets improved very quickly. They have a pretty neat system that collects user suggestions and distributes them directly to the development team. I didn't have such a positive experience in years. Anyway, it doesn't hurt to take a look. You can find them here
    http://www.kooomo.com
    My experience with them was and still is great.

Djordje Jovicin, Jul 11, 2015 IP
  11. Molly Turner

Molly Turner Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Go for Magento or Bigcommerce. Both are easy to use.

Molly Turner, Jul 13, 2015 IP
  12. Mikael Laine

Mikael Laine Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I recommend Ecwid
    I use it by myself and I can say that it's reliable, simple to use and can be easily integrated wherever you wish - from websites to social networks.

Mikael Laine, Jul 13, 2015 IP
  13. Itera Research

Itera Research Peon

Best Answers:
    What are you going to sell? How many products(categories) you have? Are you going to provide any shipping options? If you specify requirements to the ecommerce therefor you will get reasonable suggestions. For smth small Shopify options will be enough, however you plan to build smth big better consider Magento as a solution.

Itera Research, Jul 15, 2015 IP
  14. Djordje Jovicin

Djordje Jovicin Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are going for something big, you really dont need any fuss with it. Getting a whole team for design, another one for marketing, another one for maintaining the shop (returns, disputes, shipping...) can be more than frustrating and not worth it at all. I had a client recently, who insisted on getting a webshop created using Magnet. He paid nicely for it ($1200) and ended up with a bigger headache than he had before. Nowadays, instead of running his business (he has a nice little factory in China), he spends most of his time struggling with things he doesnt understand quite well. I managed to persuade him to consider migrating on a SAAS platform as this is definitely the best choice if you have a bulky business that needs a lot of maintenance. I suggested Kooomo and they gave him a pretty nice offer. The setup fee was larger than he had to pay for his Magneto e-shop, but he gets to forget about any technical stuff. Also, as the SAAS hybrid platforms have a rather unique way of billing, he gets the option to pay for it from his profit.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    Djordje Jovicin, Jul 15, 2015 IP
  15. naveenkrishnan

naveenkrishnan Banned

Best Answers:
    I would like to recommend Magento is the best software for eCommerce development.

Nowadays eCommerce business is gaining huge popularity in the market. E-Commerce business owner has many options when it comes to eCommerce platform. Magento offers powerful features as well as control of marketers to manage their responsive website. Magento is the best leading platform for anybody who wants to develop an online store like products or to reconfigure an existing e-commerce store. It allows you to achieve targeted goals through SEO friendly website, personalised shopping with focused marketing of the products etc.

With the help of Magento in the eCommerce business the website development becomes very easy. When you want to develop your website, choose the latest functionality and unique design because it helps to expand your business.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    naveenkrishnan, Jul 29, 2015 IP
  16. EleanMessin

EleanMessin Peon

Best Answers:
    hi there! Here is my top!
    1. Shopify - easy setup and customizing, intuitive menus and dashboard, the ability to import products from previous stores.
    2. Volution - as good as #1, but coding knowledge is a requirement.
    3. Magento - very powerful tool, as it being owned by eBay makes it easy for ecommerce businesses to sell on eBay
    4. Bigcommerce - Lots of customizable templates to choose from. Good customer support and tutorials.

EleanMessin, Sep 27, 2015 IP
  17. mohsin qureshi

mohsin qureshi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Shopify because the user interface of the admin panel is simply gorgeous. The biggest downside is the limited ability to change the checkout page. Although you have some control over it, it is minor. So if you are trying to design the checkout page to be exactly how you want, Shopify is probably not for you. In fact, none of the hosted solutions will offer customizable checkout process so you can jump the the Self-Hosted section right away.One area where Shopify easily beats is competition is with awesome add-on apps. Just like your smartphone, Shopify has many apps that you can download and install on your store, which extend the default or introduce new functionality. Shopify starts at $29/month. And if you use their credit card processor, you will only have to pay the standard 2.9 percent + 30 cent rate.

mohsin qureshi, Dec 18, 2015 IP
  18. SEMWORLD2015

SEMWORLD2015 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great question. Guys, You soft. choose depends on your activities and working area. Here, Shopify is best for creating online store. I also use meganto and OS commerce. What's your aspect about these understanding?

SEMWORLD2015, Dec 19, 2015 IP
  19. m.sivarajan

m.sivarajan Banned

Best Answers:
    woocommerce, magento are the popular one. To choose an ecommerce solution it depends what ecommerce store you are about to launch. Also there are some multivenodr scripts like fancy clone and wanelo clone. Good luck

m.sivarajan, Jan 5, 2016 IP
  20. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Best Ecommerce Software for online shopping 1.Magento Enterprise,2. Big Commerce,3.Wordpress,4.Woocommerce

karen9999, Jan 5, 2016 IP