1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which do you think is better?

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by mystikmedia, Aug 7, 2006.

I just created a link at page at the bottom of www.mystikmedia.com. It says Play Free Games Online. The page it currently links to is a content page containing part of the press release I had done a while back with a link integrated into the content pointing to www.excessively.net. I don't care if this new page here ranks at all. My question is this --- do you all think it is better to link like this...on a subpage, inside of content, or just link directly to the site from the main mystikmedia.com homepage? The homepage has higher PR, of course, but it does not contain any text relevant to the excessively.net site. The new page created, on the other hand, seems very relevant. I just had this idea today after reading another DP post with a similar idea.

mystikmedia, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  2. timothy104

timothy104 Guest

Best Answers:
    souns like a good idea, from what I read above, your saying the search engines will give the link "more weight" because the content is relevant. However the link is not as valueable as the PR 6 (until the next update) because the PR is 0.

I'd link directly from the home page if it were me

hope this helps

timothy104, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  3. dkalweit

dkalweit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Supposedly, Google is discounting non-relevent links, so linking to the homepage is, according to Matt Cutts, not a good thing. Now, linking to a page ON SITE that is off-topic from the main page, may be an exception to the 'non relevent' rule-- and then linking from that relevent page to the relevent site is definitely not a bad thing...

I'd say link to the relevent on-site page and then link from that page to the new site, and let us know how it works out. It certainly can't hurt...

--
    Derek

dkalweit, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  4. seo-mumbai

seo-mumbai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes it is not good to link pages which r not revelant to content at same time pages with pr 0 is waste to link, so generally i will edit content little and link to homepage with good PR that will count .even revelent but pr 0 is not preff

seo-mumbai, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  5. dkalweit

dkalweit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Every new page is PR0 originally-- including fresh pages on microsoft.com, google.com, etc. Hardly a 'waste to link'... I'll take a link on a "PR0" page on microsoft.com linked from their home page over a direct PR8 link on a non-relevent page any day...

--
    Derek

dkalweit, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  6. daredashi

daredashi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the way you have given link is perfect for getting relavant link.
    also renamming htm to html will help a little. my expeence is search engins love html page more than htm page (i don't why).

daredashi, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  7. banless

banless Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with this. I would link from the relevant page despite that it has a pr 0. What you need to understand is that the page does infact have pr on it, you just can not see it, therefore linking from the relevant page will give the link more weight.

banless, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  8. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    Thanks much to those who replied. I appreciate the comments.

mystikmedia, Aug 8, 2006 IP