1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which country is this #hashtag going to be Trending in?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Coto, Jul 20, 2016.

Hey, everyone,

I had a quick question regarding Trending topics on Twitter.

Imagine a group of 1 million users have set their country as: Germany and they have all set their Trends to Greece (meaning they'll see what's Trending in Greece, and not Germany).

So, this group of 1 million people decide to start tweeting Tweets with the hashtag: #TwitterTest, and since 1 million people are tweeting the hashtag, it gets set as a Trending topic (automatically by Twitter).

The question is, which country is it going to be trending on? Germany or Greece? Since the users tweeting the hashtag have set their country to Germany and Trends to Greece.

Thanks in advance! :)

Coto, Jul 20, 2016 IP
  2. David G. Welch

David G. Welch Member

Best Answers:
    It will be for germany, the trending setup is just a preference, it doesnt really change the way Twitter will see those accounts tweets.

David G. Welch, Jul 20, 2016 IP
  3. Coto

Coto Peon

Best Answers:
    So I'd have to change the Country and not the Trends, to Greece if I want it to be trending in Greece? Also, does it matter where the user actually is from? For example if his IP leads to the US, does it matter, as long as he sets his twitter country to Greece?

Coto, Jul 20, 2016 IP