1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

which company has no fee for domain transfer

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Permoney, Jul 12, 2005.

hi everybody
    which domain company has no fee for domain transfer?

Thanks

Permoney, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  2. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    I've transfered domains to new owners/accounts on Go Daddy. As long as the recieving person has a GD or will sign up for a GD account, they charged no fee.

hth,

tom

TommyD, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  3. Permoney

Permoney Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks i think i will create an account at godaddy

Permoney, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  4. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    You can check domainsite.com even they don't have fee for transfer domain as long as domain trasfers are within domainsite.

NeoGen, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  5. norfstar

norfstar Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I can tell, resellers of GoDaddy/WWD also allow you to freely pass domain names between accounts.

norfstar, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  6. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    This is definitely off the subject, but as a GD reseller, how can you sell domains for less than what GD resales them for? What kind of pricing do they give resellers? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I am just curious. :)

exam, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  7. norfstar

norfstar Peon

Best Answers:
    Reseller buy rates are publicly listed on https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/reseller/instant_buyrate.asp?se=+&app_hdr=&ci=3368 . If like myself you are a super reseller, you can effectively get them for even less (and also sell the basic and pro reseller packages themselves for less than GoDaddy).

norfstar, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  8. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    exam, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  9. scottatmu

scottatmu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    GoDaddy is a little strange with their transferring ... where is the domain currently located? Even though people sometime dispise eNom ... there easy and free domain push feature is great!

scottatmu, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  10. isaiasd2003

isaiasd2003 Guest

Best Answers:
    Right now I'm in between dealing with a free domain host which will host my actual domain in exchange for advertising on my site. Though, I have run into a very bad site, never trust those ones with unlimited crap, its less likely to help. I'll post the free domain hosts I'm using later on, right now I'm dealing with problems, including: 1. after I tried deleting my connection to a bad free host, my domain kept taking visitors to the free hosts site, showing hosting crap. I then tried fixing the problem, based on instructions for record A , server name change, etc. Then I remembered it takes 48 hours max to change settings. 2. Now its gotta interesting though, I now get an error to my domain name, whenever visiting it, it gives me an error saying it couldn't find my site. Thats normal from what I learned, though, it still has be wondering if I'll ever see any changes to my site for a while. This is the first time I've run into this situation, so it has me puzzled, and concerned. Be aware, you can buy a domain for cheap, and set up with a paid host for a reasonable price, promising uptime 99%,etc. Though if your gonna go the free way, be very, very cautious. Do alot of homework, anyone too good to be true might be. Especially if it seems to be "almost entirely" in your favor and not theirs.

isaiasd2003, Jul 14, 2005 IP
  11. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am not a fan of GD or WWD sites. You can get free transfers from Enom, NameCheap, or RegisterFly. Namecheap is fairly good with $8.88 domain registrations and also RF send me emails all the time with great deals like $5 registrations.

RectangleMan, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  12. isaiasd2003

isaiasd2003 Guest

Best Answers:
    So back to GD, all I have to do is get hosting from them for the FREE domain transfer? I wonder why they even charge for domain transfers anyhow, if their gonna give free domain transfers with any hosting service, its pretty much pointless to charge for it to be transfered separately without hosting or other stuff.

isaiasd2003, Aug 4, 2005 IP