1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which CMS?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by dublindude, Jul 12, 2005.

Hi

I am a web designer familiar with Dreamweaver. I am now moving into creating a new project which will sell indutrial equipment.

I require the following functionality

1. Relatively easy to use for a web designer
    2. The site will use a database (MySQL)to retrieve search results for machinery.
    3. Login/Logout page along with password reminder system (email)
    4. Forum
    5. Shopping cart integration, for instance Paypal
    6. Site search capability.
    7. Ability for a user to upload adverts and pictures. All that I need to do is to review and accept.

Can anyone advise. I am also new to database programming, would it be easier for me to create a database in Access and convert to MySQL?

I have looked at Typo3 (which i found rich in functionality but daunting for my level) and I have also looked at Mambo as these seem to be the most talked about CMS. I am favouring Mambo at the moment.

I would also like to create the templates in Dreamweaver and somehow make them dynamic in Mambo.

Any novices who started to use these systems I would be glad to hear of your experiences in a similar project.

Thanks in advance.

DublinDue

dublindude, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  2. [HC]D-Man

[HC]D-Man Peon

Best Answers:
    You may want to visit www(dot)cmsmatrix(dot)org - most CMS systems are listed there - you can search for the ones that may apply to you...

[HC]D-Man, Jul 13, 2005 IP
  3. Ramebo

Ramebo Guest

Best Answers:
    I would highly recommend mambo. This site will help you tremendously since he wrote a dreamweaver extension and more:

www.mambosolutions.com

Ramebo| http://www.businesscardtips.com

Ramebo, Jul 14, 2005 IP
  4. themaster

themaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I also recommend mambo. Mambo is very felxible to use. And it is more secure than the others.

themaster, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  5. Skribblez

Skribblez Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely Mambo :)

Skribblez, Jul 15, 2005 IP