1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which CMS To Use ...newbie for all of you

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by shahfahad, Sep 30, 2006.

1. ichigo

ichigo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what you guys think of mambo?

ichigo, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  2. basicus

basicus Peon

Best Answers:
    Mambo used to be the no. 1 CMS when it came to simplicity. Unforunately there was a "battle" about who should be in charge of the development of the CMS between the developers of Mambo and the administrative team of the company Miro that held the copyrights. It was also an attempt from Miros's side to find a way to start charging for Mambo.

This battle ended with ALL developers leaving Mambo, and they took the source code with them and formed www.Joomla.org

For all of us that used Mambo for our sites, it was a few months being uncertain what to choose. Mambo or Joomla. I made my own decition to go for Joomla after I saw how the management of Miro tried to use force to keep people quiet at the forums of Mambo about what really happened. Many that tried to speak up were actually banned permanently from their boards.

Happily the spirit of Mambo and the tight community lives on with the new name Joomla (Joomla has the same codebase as Mambo).

What is really sad about the "incident" is that the company Miro tried to actually charge for the thousands of voulenter hours put into making the CMS as good as it was. None of the people that actually made it ever got payed for their work - and the company even tried to charge THEM for having the right to work for free..

So, I would suggest having a good look at the forums and do some reseach about both Mambo and Joomla before you make a descision what to go for.

basicus, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  3. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use Drupal or Joomla

infonote, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  4. nks

nks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have used Drupal for quite some time, and I like it. Recently, I started using Joomla, the interface looks excellent. Not bad.

nks, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  5. sam2698

sam2698 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say either e107, or joomla. on the top of opensource CMS list.

sam2698, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  6. kpaul

kpaul Peon

Best Answers:
    kpaul, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  7. nks

nks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Up till now, I still don't understand which CMS is still worth it.
    Drupal, Joomla or Mambo?

nks, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  8. cho_joong

cho_joong Peon

Best Answers:
    If you ask like that, I think every CMS has it own advantages and disadvantages. Prefer what you feel the most suitable for you.

cho_joong, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  9. Conan Stevens

Conan Stevens Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla was the result for me after installing and playing with 7 different CMS's I wrote a short article on it on my webpage.

It is easy, it is actively being developed by a full time team and the community is very helpful and friendly.

Plus it is easy to use and to add extensions to.

Conan Stevens, Oct 18, 2006 IP