1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which CMS is the best for?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by CCK, Mar 11, 2009.

1. ksb2050

ksb2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd recommend Wordpress, and at the same time like to refute some of what was said above. Wordpress is originally a blog platform, but it only takes minor HTML knowledge to convert it into one of the best (the best in my opinion) CMS systems currently on the web. All you need is a little HTML knowledge, which you said you have. Wordpress is user friendly, easy to use, and will help you learn more about HTML since it's mostly HTML based. There's many themes and plugins available to be used (or not, whatever suits you). Based on what I read above, I'd say wordpress is for you, or at the very least deserves a look at it's (unadvertised, but very popular) CMS side.

@scott2ride - I'd recommend starting a new thread. Joomla would be more ideal for a novice user as it can be complex, but if you just play with it you can pick up most of it's functions and operations without problem. If I were you, being the first time and all, I'd check out HTML so I knew how to do minor edits. Yes a host would be required, look through web host directories since there are so many hosts. Here's a suggestion (I use this host): www.cirtex.com

ksb2050, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  2. hastla007

hastla007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla 1.5 with buying templates from templateclubs! Massive free components and good commercial ones for communitys, blogs, ... . My suggestion to everybody! I have also information sites about Joomla and templateclubs, so if you are interested in this, please don`t hesitate to contact me!

hastla007, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  3. yuvasweb

yuvasweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Our company can do that for you. Can help u with Joomla as well if required :)

yuvasweb, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  4. Allenz

Allenz Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Joomla is the best resource....... :)

Allenz, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  5. fanaticalcontent

fanaticalcontent Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla has a learning curve but once it "Clicks" its very easy, SEO isn't the best, it can run a little slow if not optimized. Wordpress as CMS is better but you have to change more.

Scott2Ride, email me I have a server I can set you up on, depending on the type of site.

fanaticalcontent, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  6. darkzhadow

darkzhadow Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla is indeed the best. It allows your site to grow more in the future by adding tons of extension depending on your needs.

WYSIWYG? Yes! Use JCE extension. If you are looking for a host for joomla, there are plenty out there, just look for a site that has FANTASTICO so you can install Joomla in 1-3 minutes!

darkzhadow, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  7. Gotan Raider

Gotan Raider Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say probably Joomla for what you need.

Gotan Raider, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  8. fanaticalcontent

fanaticalcontent Peon

Best Answers:
    Any host should allow for file uploading. If you just need it to be simple go with HostGator, I believe they have a one click Joomla setup, then visit joomla.org to find all the plugins you want to use. In terms of emails I believe HostGator gives quite a few.

fanaticalcontent, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  9. staticx

staticx Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress for me.. :)

staticx, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  10. hastla007

hastla007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is sombody using templateclubs for Joomla too?

hastla007, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  11. jamesrocky

jamesrocky Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody spoke about datalife engine. I think itz really good.

jamesrocky, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  12. Hyder Ali

Hyder Ali Peon

Best Answers:
    My past experiences with my clients, helped me create a software called as http://www.creativewebpromotion.com/staticpage-builder-software.htm
    Static Page Builder which can be added as an add on to any kind of website.

Its actually a CMS which will help u create as many pages as u want that too having search engine friendly urls' in built html editor in admin to add as many content as and when u need, also u can change and add meta tags all on your own.

See you can do SEO on your own and you will get results too, but If you are really looking for tough key words and results within a very short span, then you should hire a SEO professional http://www.creativewebpromotion.com like us and buy this software. Contract for 50 key phrases, get all that idea you can which is done for promoting e-commerce websites online. I am sure, SEO professionals will guide to a right way, yes of course there will be some investment, but you wont have to look behind later, nor would you have any grudges in mind with respect to results.

The software is yours then, and you even know how to promote your site. So once you are up of it,you do not need SEO professional every year for promoting your site again.

Buy the software and do not take it with packages. Else you will have to renew it every year, which will increase your budget.

Hyder Ali, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  13. superjacent

superjacent Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are already familiar with Drupal then I would stick with Drupal in this instance. You are helping a friend out and no doubt they will have questions. Imagine jumping into Joomla (not that there's anything wrong with that) you will not be able to answer (quickly) so-called easy questions for your friend. You will be able to answer the Drupal questions. Remember, it's your time.

As far as WYSIWYG editors and file uploading is concerned just install the relevant modules from Drupal.org.

superjacent, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  14. The Ussef

The Ussef Peon

Best Answers:
    Datalife engine is the easiest choice for you :) easy to install and to moderate:)

The Ussef, Mar 31, 2009 IP