1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which CMS is best for Ecommerce use.

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by banik41, Dec 16, 2010.

Hello friends,

I have 4 years experience in website design by CMS, mainly eCommerce web site, I have design many Ecommerce website by Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress & others.

In my opinion the best is Joomla, I have design so many ecommerce site in joomla with combine Virtuemart, I have design ecommerce site is wordpress & Drupal but not all the felicities like joomla.

What is your opinion.

banik41, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  2. guineapirate

guineapirate Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you on Joomla for ecommerce, their shopping cart options are the best and easiest, as far as affiliate marketing and adsense though I like to use wordpress just because you can set it up super fast and easy.

guineapirate, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  3. Hoodala

Hoodala Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are running a true ecommerce site then a CMS is not the best option no matter which one you choose. Joomla and Virtuemart are good, but a true shopping cart is always better for a true ecommerce site.

Hoodala, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  4. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    oscommerce is a great one as well.

webcosmo, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  5. supdoggy

supdoggy Peon

Best Answers:
    For pure Ecommerse sites, I tend to use OpenCart and PrestaShop due to their easiness of use. Before, I was deciding against those two and Magento, but after reading a few complicated reviews, it was concluded that Magento was slightly hard for beginners to use. I've never tried combining ecommerse sites with blogs/webs like Joomla or Wordpress. I've thought about it though! :)

supdoggy, Dec 17, 2010 IP
  6. diy-day

diy-day Peon

Best Answers:
    I swear by Zen Cart: a dedicated solution with so many modules and add-ons, and it also is one of the scripts that come prepackaged with cPanel's Fantastico De Luxe.

diy-day, Dec 17, 2010 IP
  7. Mr.Den

Mr.Den Guest

Best Answers:
    MAGENTO is the BEST!

Mr.Den, Dec 18, 2010 IP
  8. OliviaSSLGuru

OliviaSSLGuru Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Magento, joomla and prestashop are the prominent ones. They have almost all the facilities provided.

OliviaSSLGuru, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  9. susan_ham

susan_ham Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Joomla is really a good CMS for website designers. Comparing with Wordpress, it is not only very easy to use and also can be customized as more as you like.

susan_ham, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  10. Cobalt64

Cobalt64 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think those above have covered it pretty well - It depends on a whole host of factors such as the requirements of the user, the available budget, whether or not scope to extend is required etc etc.

For small "shops" with no more than a handful of products using a CMS is an ideal solution. It's quick, easy, inexpensive and will do the job whilst requiring minimal configuration. However, if you want to start selling hundreds of products across multiple categories with customised product pages, access to multiple payment gateways and intend to make large quantities of sales, then something like eCommerce on on WordPress is not particularly well-suited. It does an amazing amount considering that it's free, but it's really not designed as an enterprise-level eCommerce solution.

Magento is one of my favourites at the moment, though if you intend to do anything bar install it and throw a paid-for template at it, I thoroughly recommend buying a book on it. It's powerful, but not something anybody - even a developer with limited eCommerce experience - can pick up and run with easily.

Cobalt64, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  11. mlmsoftware

mlmsoftware Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Joomla and Wordpress both good CMS Software but JOOMLA IS BEST.

POOJA

mlmsoftware, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  12. devnull

devnull Peon

Best Answers:
    I always found Joomla and Wordpress the best.

devnull, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  13. part3_studios

part3_studios Peon

Best Answers:
    I've heard some good things about Magento...
    I myself am thinking of starting an e-shop so I'll have to try some before I make up my mind.

part3_studios, Dec 25, 2010 IP
  14. alongston

alongston Peon

Best Answers:
    For ecommerce I prefer to use a custom built CMS rather than an open source. Simply because those have great support behind them and it is much harder to find good support with open source products.

alongston, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  15. emforce

emforce Member

Best Answers:
    you should check out ExpressionEngine. All the bots here have failed to mention this but its a great CMS quite complicated to set up but once done its pretty amazing. Haven't tried out the ecommerce part but it must be good!

emforce, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  16. Joel Lopez M.

Joel Lopez M. Guest

Best Answers:
    Magento and WordPress must work great for ecommerce.

Joel Lopez M., Dec 26, 2010 IP
  17. Balendra Singh

Balendra Singh Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. Magneto - For user as well as admin, this software has some strong features to support e-commerce. It allows multiple stores to be managed from a single admin interface.
    2. OXID esales – This open source e-commerce system is ready for B2C, B2B and social commerce scenarios.
    3. Prestashop - What attracts most is it’s sleek interface. With this open source you can create special deals such as gift vouchers, price reductions, tag products.
    4. osCommerce - this one of the oldest free e-commerce apps that offer several marketing options and supports most of the payment system. This multilingual and SEO friendly app works with PHP/MySQL.

5. Digistore - This is developed from the osCommerce engine with improvements in front end and admin of app. It provides a platform for selling physical & virtual goods.
    6. OpenCart - This PHP – MySQL shopping cart system is simple-looking application but it has all the must-have features.
    7. Freeway - This app has some innovative ideas for selling. It’s can be used to sell a guitar lesson or rent a tennis court on a given date and time.
    8. Zen Cart – It’s a free and compatible open source shopping cart software. Developed by a group of shop owners, programmers, designers and consultants.
    9. Ecommr - This app offers the website presenting interface and design elements of e-commerce websites in a categorized way.
    10. Spree - Another ecommerce platform using Ruby on Rails. Spree allows improvement and customization. With the Active Merchant plugin it supports most of the payment processors.

Balendra Singh, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  18. otnasz

otnasz Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion each CMS have advantages and disadvantages. The joomla design is better but wordpress is better in terms of google friendly..

otnasz, Dec 27, 2010 IP
  19. part3_studios

part3_studios Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm looking for one that supports downloadable stuff.
    E.g., a user will buy using PayPal or w/e and after it's confirmed the shop will give the user the download.

part3_studios, Dec 28, 2010 IP
  20. jolina

jolina Peon

Best Answers:
    hey.....
    i mostly use PrestaShop......
    just because it is quite simple easy and user friendly.....

jolina, Dec 29, 2010 IP