1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which CMS for Me?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Tom_CMSNeeded, Jun 20, 2016.

Hi there,

I work for a software company of around 60 people, and I'm just looking for ways to improve how we manage our information. We have have a document management system, and a content management system already but the way we manage some of this info isn't as efficient as it could be.

Currently we have a number of different documents that contain some of the same information. We need all these documents, as they are used for different purposes (mostly for sending information to customers/potential customers, and also internally). But it seems quite inefficient though, that whenever we change something in our software (e.g. adding features, hosting) there is 4 or 5 documents that need updating.

Aside from the common CMS functionality, essentially I'd like a system that :
    • Has good search capability
    • Allows us to tag/categorise content
    • Allows us to structure this content
    • Allows us to export multiple tagged/categorised content articles to pdf/word/web pages or other means, with custom header/footer/title page templates
    • Allows us to save these clusters of tagged content articles. So when we need to send out a document (e.g. Frequently Asked Questions/Cloud Security Information), we can just export the cluster to word/pdf
    Is there something out there that can meet the above?

Thanks

Tom_CMSNeeded, Jun 20, 2016 IP
  2. ijoome

ijoome Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Drupal may be the solutions, I think

ijoome, Jun 21, 2016 IP
  3. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can go with Drupal as it has all the required features you are looking for.

karen9999, Jun 21, 2016 IP
  4. Kamrul Manna

Kamrul Manna Member

Best Answers:
    You can use WordPress. I think it will be best for you.

Kamrul Manna, Jul 3, 2016 IP
  5. VideoWhisper.com

VideoWhisper.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Another vote for WordPress: We experimented with many CMS and chose WordPress for most of our recent projects.
    You may need some existing or custom plugins for specific features but WP ecosystem covers more options and developers compared to other CMS.

VideoWhisper.com, Nov 22, 2016 IP
  6. James Raw

James Raw Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend you Wordpress. This is the best solution for your needs.

James Raw, Nov 23, 2016 IP