1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which category to use

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by iamabhi, Feb 25, 2011.

i want to submit by blog in DMOZ, http://demo.smartnetzone is my blog and is about many things such as freebies,articles.Which category should i choose to submit this?

iamabhi, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    don't bother. your site is not remotely close to having enough content to be worthy of a listing.

Agent000, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  3. iamabhi

iamabhi Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for your time and valuble suggestion!!

iamabhi, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  4. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    fitting into multiple categories can be your bane... according to some editors here, if you submit to the wrong category, they will more you to a better one, and if that editor things you belong someplace else, you get moved again... the wait after each move can take years! If you follow the guidelines rather then what the editors say (yes, I am saying the editors don't follow the guidelines) it says that submitting to an incorrect category can get your site rejected...then your wait time is still likely a couple of years... as not all editors use the unreviewed queue and can find your site by other means.

Though Agent000 is correct (though didn't actually answer your question so overall was VERY unhelpful, which you will find a lot around here), you should likely wait a bit before trying, as while unique content is king, if you are not an editor, you need plenty of it! so get your site established by other means and keep adding content... after a few months, go on & try (just pick which category your site BEST fits into, as in if it has more articles, try an article cat, if it has more freebies, try a freebie cat, etc).

If you are lucky, you'll find multiple listings for your site... though, heh, submit just once ;)

Qryztufre, Mar 1, 2011 IP