1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which articles sell the most?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Content Maestro, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed. Moreover, if you are a pet owner, what you write will sound authentic.
    I have been on DP for almost 3 months now and have not seen a lot of content in 'pet' niche being traded so far. Not sure about how things were before.
    However, it does appear to be a very lucrative niche as there are a lot of pet-related sites floating around. I think it's really a good idea to write something about pets. At least you should give it a try.
    Ah! Transcription is sometimes boring. (I have tried my hand at a couple of jobs but got kicked out quite soon.)
    I second that. It's a good idea. Just plain text content won't be much appealing. Including images and/or videos will make it engaging and more presentable. Furthermore, when selling them along with the rights, you can ask for a much better price.
    Good luck.:)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    Content Maestro, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  2. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    @ContentMaestro - Thanks! You know, I checked out the "Content" area of BST. To compete, it would help to be a fast writer. I have a few tools that should help, Premium Dragon Naturally Speaking and an Olympus WS-821 digital voice recorder. My recorder has 493 minutes of recording time. I could sit at Starbucks in the morning and blabber away about, I don't know -- just stuff. With Dragon Premium you can upload the mp3 of your voice right into it. So, I'll drag myself home from Starbucks by lunch and take a few pictures for my articles. By 2:30 I'll do a little editing and get everything uploaded on DP. Take the rest of the day off. Rinse and repeat every day. I'll be a millionaire in no time! Sorry, I was just dreaming. But...it could happen!! J/K I think tonight I'll time myself and see how many quality articles I can write in 8 hours. :)

Rebecca, Apr 2, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  3. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Great. So you have a plan now.
    I have never tried using a voice recorder. But I will check if it helps me to write faster.
    Yes, setting a time limit really helps to speed up.
    (This is entirely a different topic. When you are done, do share your experience here – https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...iginal-good-quality-500-word-article.2704817/.)
    All the best with the writing and the sales.:)

4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I am not sure if the pet-related articles niche is popular or lucrative. Cute pet pics are always a hit - it's a given. But articles? Not so sure. Same is true for the funny pics niche.

qwikad.com, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  5. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Yah, I think that pics and the like will sell more than plain text content for pet niche. Thanks for the input.:)

6. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think Dragon Naturally would help you to write faster. It will type as fast as you talk. I love it! Some people don't care for it though, as it can take a while to get it fully trained. With the voice recorder, the advantage is just that you can dictate anywhere. I like to use it in conjunction with Dragon.

I read that thread. 30 minutes for 500 words is very fast! Years ago, I used to be a writer for Associated Content before they became the Yahoo Contributor Network. I knew some writers on the forum there that were capable of writing 15 articles a day. I thought that was totally amazing. I'll have to time myself now. If it's an article that needs much research, I don't think I could do it. :)

Rebecca, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  7. Mr Right

Mr Right Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're aware Amazon sells pet related products right?

Mr Right, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  8. QuickLance Designs

QuickLance Designs Peon

Best Answers:
    That question can be solved with so many answers. This forum itself would not be any help to you.

Recently, I've heard many people requesting Bitcoin articles but the articles depend on anything.

Right now, I know that I will be looking for a writer who knows how about technical stuff about web design that I don't have time to do every day.
    I would suggest looking for areas of your expertise that you probably undervalue yourself because it will be of high value to someone else and look for anyone in need of that skill?

QuickLance Designs, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  9. nixande

nixande Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It should be worth noting that most of the article categories you've listed are for "I want to make money!! Need content!!" which usually then go hand in hand with seo for non ranking sites, affiliates, adsense advice etc.

Those topics are requested because people think they can make a lot of money with these things - totally forgetting that many others think so as well. Due to the competition and more importantly due to the way Google and Internet Traffic works in the normal world, those are mostly one shot wonders. So yes, those categories are good because the people buying will buy a lot of them - because they will not be very successful.

On the other hand, because of the demand there is also so much competition, bringing down prices. If that is a market you are looking for, good luck.

Let me add to that the perspective of my world:

Companies need regular, good enough writers

Many clients I work with require somebody to be able to produce their content we have discussed. Those are for example SMB who kinda insist on being on Facebook and alike, but don't really have great stories. With proper planning however even those people can make decent social media exposures. Because I do not write myself in this fashion, I would love to point to people who can work with them long term - not one-shot 3 articles, 500 words, but on the topic and be capable to work with some calendar.

Most companies are capable of providing 'rough' content and then need somebody to make it 'pretty' (consolidate, curate, make a posting out of it, put it in the queue). This goes for nearly everybody who has a social media presence.

They don't need perfect, copywriting SEO optimized, stuff, they need 'good enough' writers. And those writers should be able to work together with a "content hat person".

Bloggers who have ideas and want somebody to make stuff out of that
    Yes there are many people out there who are clueless and want the "do what I dream of", there are also people who can do just fine. They have an idea, they want some research done and then move forward in the content production process.

This is not keyword research or seo link building, but something along the lines of cliff notes. Think feedreader where you have the job to go through a bunch of links and make short descriptions out of that which fits for a newsletter. Hint: They do not want to pay per word for this as this makes no sense, esepcially since quoting articles is part of that writing work.

Ebook writing / Article series based on the authors style.
    Beyond the "write one article and never can come back again" there is the wish for having consistent work on topics. Example: I have a page about baby showers with a special focus. I want a writer to take my notes on the games, make them up to good articles in the way I want them and then go on and find new game ideas.

This is not "write 15 game articles" or alike, it requires 'thinking' again, being able to work with existing content.

Something I have been looking for is to give somebody to take a training video and transfer this into writing - most people I've asked told me that they only do research on their own and want to write up the way they think when all I want is to do exactly as I tell them.

Smart Transcription
    Podcasters / Videocasters need shownotes, showing comprehension of the topic and being able to extract the key elements. This is not transcription with 100% accuracy but smart notes to add to the media content.

So in order to make more money than a few cents per word
    Think about what you can do well and which areas of writing really go easy off your hand. Think about how you can work and which process works great for you. Then start thinking about the people who would want this kind of content and start connecting with them. Hint: 90% of what I described above will be customers who will never ever come to a forum like this. :)

nixande, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  10. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Those evergreen niche sell the best. Like dog training, making money online, health niche, etc.

Melisa455, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  11. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Thanks QuickLance Designs , nixande and Melisa455.:)
    You're right. Evergreen niches like those you mentioned always sell like hot cakes. What's your experience with smartphones, technology (hardware and software), home improvement and topics related to finance like debt management, credit cards etc.?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    Content Maestro, Jul 13, 2014 IP
  12. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nope. I have not try smartphone, technology (hardware and software) ... I stick to the evergreen niche that I mention above. But I do heard that home improvement and debt management are in demand too.

Melisa455, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  13. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Well there's also a great demand for content in smartphones (iPhones, iPads, Android, mobile apps etc.) and technology (esp. hardware and software reviews). Home improvement and niches related to finance are, again, evergreen - so they will always be in demand. I suggest you try all these out too.

Content Maestro, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  14. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I will look into those niche as well.

Melisa455, Jul 16, 2014 IP