1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which are the best paying Websites for Content Writers?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Annieblogger, Apr 14, 2012.

Folks,

I would like to know the names of some best paying websites for Content writers. I have been working with different websites like GAF, Elance and digital point. And I have been getting projects from all these websites regularly. But I cannot charge more than $7/500 words due high competition.:confused: Normally I accept bulk orders at a rate of $1/100 words. And I provide very high quality content only.

From some DP posts I came to know that writing a 500 word article for $5 is almost like slavery.:( Also I met some guys on DP who are charging around $20 for writing a 500 word article.

It would be a great help if you will give me the details of some genuine websites that offers descent payment for writers.:)

Annie Richard

Annieblogger, Apr 14, 2012 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Spoiltdiva, Apr 14, 2012 IP
  3. Annieblogger

Annieblogger Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply

Annieblogger, Apr 14, 2012 IP
  4. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First off, get rid of your signature. Why would anyone be willing to pay more when you offer to write so cheaply?

Second, there are folks here on DP that will pay more. Most of them are lurking in the forums and will contact you directly. Participate in conversations. Offer advice. Offer guidance. But, don't go around to every thread about writing and proclaim, "I can do that for you."

Third, set up a blog or website. Use it to promote your services and post samples of your work.

Fourth, come back here and update your signature with a link to your site.

YMC, Apr 15, 2012 IP
    outspan likes this.
  5. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    This shows you're serious about you work and you're a total Superhero....:)

ContentVisionz, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  6. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    ContentVisionz, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  7. proclocks

proclocks Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should consider contentwriters.us

They have a proven track record and are great business associates.

proclocks, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  8. DylanBozeman

DylanBozeman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Writing content for sites that share ad revenue with you is not a good paying job. You could spend years at that and barely make enough money to feed your family. If you were serious about your copywriting services, there's no need for that anyway when you could just create your own website and make 100% of the ad revenue.

Aside from writing for pennies, YMC said it correctly. There are people on the forums who pay more than 0.01/word because they want more bang for their buck. If you can truly pump out copy that is high quality and worth the extra money then there are plenty of people here that will pay for it. Buckle down and spend some time writing out thoughtful replies to forum posts here on DP and maybe you will catch the eye of someone. It's important that you portray yourself as a writer and market your brand correctly. I would definitely listen up and fix your signature as that's only sending the wrong message. I would even consider changing the colors around because the current red/blue arrangement you have looks very spammy.

DylanBozeman, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  9. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually there are lots of DP members paying around $0.02/word for real high quality articles...!!

ContentVisionz, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  10. outspan

outspan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not a native speaker, I never charge less than $0.05/word -- anything less is a waste of my time as far as I'm concerned -- and I always have my hands full.

YMC gave your great advice, and clearly you still haven't followed it. Your signature is still there, and it's setting you up for failure.

Get rid of that mentality. If you really are writing high-quality stuff, you are not competing with the majority of other writers. You need to over-deliver on every single article you write -- it's like the old saying, "take care of the customer and everything else will take care of itself." If you're being paid $7, write an article that you think could easily sell for $20, $30 or $50, and make sure your name and contact info is in your byline.

I always stuck to this principle, and got contacted by webmasters asking me to write for them. That's what you want: they should be reading your articles and contacting you. If you solicit them, you're only going to be so successful. Let your writing do the marketing for you, and be selective with who you write for, especially at the beginning. You want to write for reputable websites that value good content, not websites that value quantity over quality.

Where can you write to earn more? I don't know, it depends on how good you are right now.

I started on Helium.com. The pay was crap but the feedback was amazing. When people start spontaneously messaging you saying how much they liked your articles, or at least you rank in the top positions for the topics you write about, you know you're doing something right.

Suite101.com still pays next to nothing, but it will teach you to work with editors and adhere to editorial guidelines.

If you are based in the U.S, you can check out demandstudios.com. Otherwise, try constant-content.com and dailyarticle.com, wait for the webmaster who bought your content to publish it, and then contact him/her asking whether they'd like to have you contribute on a regular basis. If you did a good job, they will always say yes.

Once you feel comfortable with it, you can apply to write for more reputable websites (or whatever you want to write for) and get much higher paying gigs. Pick a niche and become an expert, you'll attract better opportunities.

That's all there is to it.

outspan, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  11. bob maxey

bob maxey Peon

Best Answers:
    A suggestion for hopeful writers:

Consider forgetting about web sites that pay for content. Almost every site I have looked at either pay far too little or they have unreasonable demands. These sites are nothing more than work-for-hire sites. What that means, is they own your article. They are free to do use your work as they see fit and you are not free to use it elsewhere.

If you think you can write, consider the offline world. That is to say, writing for print. The rates are far more agreeable and the bragging rights are better. Everyone seems to think they can write for publication and as soon as you are accepted by a Smithsonian or Men's Health or Money, you have accomplished something special.

Do some of you look to online content writing as a fast way to wealth? Do some of you think you can earn a living at a dollar for a hundred words? You cannot, really. I gather that what appeals to those looking to write for a web site that pays for content is they either think they will get rich or they want to be paid as fast as possible. sorry, but if you want to become a legitimate writer, you must pay your dues and yes, you will be likely rejected.

I suggest you decide what you want to write about and find a few likely magazines (I have a world-wide list that contains about 300,000 magazines all looking for writers) looking for content. After you find a publication, find their writer's guidelines and follow them sans failure. Write, polish and rewrite that query. If the editor will not accept query by email, get that all important SASE ready.

Expect several weeks or a month for a reply. Editors receive lots of mail.

Bob

bob maxey, May 10, 2012 IP