1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wherewithal/Xoron

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Chiara, Aug 22, 2004.

Has anybody had any experience with Wherewithal/Xoron as a "category owner"? It seems kind of like a dead directory, but lots of categories I'd be interested in are open and they have good PR. Are we allowed to add our own links once we join?

Chiara, Aug 22, 2004 IP
  2. Chiara

Chiara Peon

Best Answers:
    I was just checking some of the links in the directory to see of the directory comes up as a backlink and it doesn't seem to. I just signed up in about 2 minutes and claimed some categories, but have no idea if I'm wasting my time.

Chiara, Aug 22, 2004 IP
  3. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    it's just an odp mirror :)

I don't really see any reason why those links wouldn't count

disgust, Aug 22, 2004 IP
  4. Chiara

Chiara Peon

Best Answers:
    Weird ... I am able to add links to just about any page on the site that doesn't have an editor. LOL. I don't think there is anybody home over there. It's like the Internet equivalent of a ghost town. Anybody can just go in and delete links or add them willy nilly. :confused:

Chiara, Aug 22, 2004 IP
  5. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The developers seemed to loose interest in the directory a long time ago. They had all kinds of big plans for the future when they started but the flame went out rather quickly.

stoner3221, Aug 23, 2004 IP
  6. Chiara

Chiara Peon

Best Answers:
    Strange how they don't post anything about it on their site and they still allow people to sign up as editors. I think I was a wherewithal editor about four years ago, now that I think about it. I never did anything in it, though.

Chiara, Aug 23, 2004 IP