1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where was GAUTAM BUDDHA born?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by |>|?\-/|\/|-]§)-(, May 24, 2010.

?

Where was GAUTAM BUDDHA born?

1. NEPAL

56.5%
  2. INDIA

43.5%
    What do you think, Gautam Buddha was born in NEPAL or INDIA?
    I am asking this question here bcoz I can find people from different countries in this forum. I am a nepali n I know that Buddha was born in our country.There are lots of things like lumbini, ashoka stambha e.t.c that can prove it.
    But currently india is making a fake place similar to lumbini to show that Buddha was born in india. But we don't let them do that..

So, I just want to know what peoples of different countries has got information about Buddha. So, guys post your views.

|>|?\-/|\/|-]§)-(, May 24, 2010 IP
  2. johnsonp

johnsonp Peon

Best Answers:
    History says he born in India only not in Nepal. We have to depend on history.

johnsonp, May 24, 2010 IP
  3. |>|?\-/|\/|-]§)-(

|>|?\-/|\/|-]§)-( Peon

Best Answers:
    where's that history????? he was died in INDIA but wasn't born in INDIA. He was born in NEPAL

|>|?\-/|\/|-]§)-(, May 24, 2010 IP
  4. techlineinfo

techlineinfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Born in Nepal

techlineinfo, May 24, 2010 IP
  5. TIRTH

TIRTH Peon

Best Answers:
    I think he born in Mithila located in Nepal.

TIRTH, May 24, 2010 IP
  6. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Serious Workers, May 24, 2010 IP
  7. Achiever

Achiever Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In this case we are depend only on History so By History point of view he is born in India.

Achiever, May 24, 2010 IP
  8. looking4vps

looking4vps Peon

Best Answers:
    I always thought he was an Indian

looking4vps, May 24, 2010 IP
  9. masterrio

masterrio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does it really matter where he was born ? just for the info Nepal and India were either one or similar in the past, we are talking about way past and there is no real proof to prove either of the verdicts.
    I am always puzzled by these sort of bias discussions.
    According to hindu and Indian mythology Buddha was born in India, this isn't a new claim but its been believed for ages if you think it was a new claim by India, you can find the incarnation info on Buddha in some old hindu mythology books which state he was born in India - god knows what exactly India was at that day, we have to be remember India was probably a large state, Pakistan, bangladesh were part of India and may be parts or whole of Nepal was in the historic days.

either way I don't find an issue to work out with, if you want to worship him, do it, if one is un-sure where his real birth place is, then let them visit both the locations its not going to harm any one

masterrio, May 25, 2010 IP
  10. gunners

gunners Peon

Best Answers:
    in nepal now but nepal was part of india back then

plus he was a hindu

gunners, May 25, 2010 IP
  11. unique_bruce

unique_bruce Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know.....

unique_bruce, May 25, 2010 IP
  12. grill12

grill12 Peon

Best Answers:
    i do not really but i think he born in India as the our books suggest

grill12, May 26, 2010 IP
  13. Highena.com

Highena.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Buddha was born in 624 BC in a place called Lumbini, which was originally in northern India but is now part of Nepal

Highena.com, May 26, 2010 IP
  14. Kaiser_Dealxa

Kaiser_Dealxa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think that he born in India and live here.

Kaiser_Dealxa, May 26, 2010 IP
  15. Refresher

Refresher Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Does that make any difference, huh? He's still going to be Buddha, nevertheless, isn't he?

Refresher, May 26, 2010 IP
  16. Zentech

Zentech Peon

Best Answers:
    His birthplace is in modern Nepal, but he was Indian.

Zentech, May 27, 2010 IP
  17. tajimd

tajimd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Buddha was born in Nepal

Buddha Died in India

Nepal was never ever part of India

Nepal was never ever ruled by the British Empire

If you don't know your facts go check history

India is building a fake Lumbini (birth place of Buddha) just beside the original Lumbini

********** only for indians **************

Go Google "Sugauli Treaty" and "Greater Nepal"

You will find what your Government is hiding from you.

and you will find the actual fact

whether Nepal was part of India or the other way round.

Last edited: May 27, 2010
    tajimd, May 27, 2010 IP
  18. masterrio

Best Answers:
    no one ever mentioned Nepal was ruled by British, Nepal was part of the India according to some old mythological books as well, if you are an hindu I think its better for u to start digging out old vedas to find out the info
    Buddha was not born in the modern era so its not that easy to cope up with the exact maps to drill out the exact truth

let us keep it as it is, let people think what ever they want
    I personally don't care about his birth nation, he is a deity to be worshiped, (for buddhists) so its up to them to make them their minds up

lol!!! its lame to bring govt. into these sort of discussions, do u want to get into politics then ? :p

keep it cool and let him be where he wishes to, I have no probs either way and I guess most of them would feel the same way :D

masterrio, May 31, 2010 IP
  19. tajimd

tajimd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I could not less agree with you but you have to see where it all started.

In India, no one cares about Buddha expect the buddhist, because you have bigger problem that this. but

over here in Nepal, where i belong, we consider Buddha as National Symbol

Suppose some Pakistani says something bad about Sachin T. or says that he was born in Pakistan and should play from there then you all will go GAGA and start bashing Pakistani all over place.

Same thing is happening over here as well.

We have seen how India is bending the truth,

UNESCO has approved that Buddha was born in Nepal and there are hard facts and physical proofs for this but still , in primary school books of India you can see them teaching that Buddha was born in India.

Secondly, Government of India is building an exact replica of original Lumbini on their side of Kapilvastu, those things pisses us.

What do you think the OP of this thread, why did he start this thread?

He didn't start this thread to find out where Buddha was born? This is not a spiritual or religious question.

This is 100% political question.

tajimd, May 31, 2010 IP
  20. masterrio

Best Answers:
    well about the OP, did u see him replying after he started the thread ? so that's an out of range question :p
    well about Sachin, if some one says he is born in Pakistan (if it has decent enough proof) we are not going to be disappointed with that, the only thing that matters is which country does he represent and he is a citizen of. Birth isn't under one's control its a nature gift and I suppose no country would go on harming innocent infants for the reason they are not their national (if he belongs to an rival nation)

well you consider Buddha as a national Symbol that's good and I respect that, but we have our own theories, we in India feel Buddha was born in India, I don't have much knowledge of the Kapilvastu, so I can't comment on that.
    I have been to Nepal more than a couple of times especially around Kathmandu, visited the hindu and buddist pilgrimages when I had some off-time.

As, stated in my earlier reply, our mythological books state Buddha was born in India and its unsure the exact geographical location, so it could be even Nepal (now)
    yep! we have bigger issues tackle but govt. isn't going to dare to question the vedas, these were written way-way hundreds and thousands of years ago, so we believe with what we have

no one in India is against Nepal for claiming Buddha was born in Nepal, we believe what we feel is true and you can feel your way

I wouldn't mind taking a fact either way, I don't see deities as political issue according to us (at least myself)
    Just like Nepal, India has many Buddhist pilgrimages and people offer prayers, that's how simple I look at the issue, whether he was born here or there, its not going to make much of difference unless and until there are some special powers in offer for the devotees :D

Anyway!!! I would like to keep peace with our friendly nation and hope people stick to their beliefs rather than break their heads to get out the deeper knowledge ;)

masterrio, Jun 1, 2010 IP