1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to use joomla?

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by Mong, Jun 11, 2006.

I am feeling it very difficult to handle joomla (it may be because i am new to it).
    What kind of website projects must use joomla?

Or in which kind of projects joomla (cms) suits more?

Any examples .. plz.

Mong, Jun 11, 2006 IP
  2. 26global

26global Peon

Best Answers:
    Any site that you need to update a lot with content. It's pretty powerfull stuff and it takes a few to get used to because there is so much to it. I would say any site that has several editors or publishers who need to update a site using an admin that needs or uses a lot of updates would find joomla usefull.

Also joomla has tons of components so you can turn joomla into whatever you want, from a real estate site that offers listings to a full fledged web directory. So it's great in that regard also.

26global, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  3. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla usually suits larger portal type sites that are frequently updated and have a lot of textual content.
    Don't worry you'll get to be familiar with it very soon. :) It just takes a bit of time and experimenting.

MattUK, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  4. TikTok

TikTok Peon

Best Answers:
    A couple of the key things that I like about Joomla is the ability to update websites from any computer, as I'm not bound by having everything stored on a local machine.

Also, I can time-release content, setting it to publish new material even when I'm away at the beach!

TikTok, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  5. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    I am feeling very difficult to set the layout.
    because everything is to control from admin panel and it seems very tough to change images and their alignment :eek:

Mong, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  6. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to create a portal, for example have news and other stuff on your website, then that's why you would use joomla.

ablaye, Jun 12, 2006 IP
  7. medicalhumor

medicalhumor Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, Joomla takes some getting used to. It can do so many things, it's a bit overwhelming at first. Take some time, set up a practice site and just explore it, read the forums at joomla.org. Once you are used to what it can and can't do, you will find a lot of uses from a full blown community site to a simple 5 page info site that can be edited with a browser. My clients love being able to edit it from the frontend right through Internet as if they were using a wordprocessor.
    Lots of modules and components for this as well as free templates that are a breeze to install and you can change the look of the site instantly while keeping the content the same.

medicalhumor, Jun 14, 2006 IP