1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to Submit Sub-Domains?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Sumit_Singh, Jan 8, 2018.

Hi
    I know it is a noob question but I am still confused to decide where and how to submit sub-domains.
    I have a website (market palace) that has subdomains. For example, the website is www(dot)abc(dot)com (Already submitted to Google and also indexed by Google) and sub-domains such as
    www(dot)china(dot)abc(dot)com
    www(dot)uk(dot)abc(dot)com
    www(dot)australia(dot)abc(dot)com

So, I would like to know that where I will submit these subdomains so, Google will index them for the particular region. Because the main website domain www(dot)abc(dot)com is already submitted to Google by GWT.
    Any suggestion or advice would be much appreciated.
    Thank You

Sumit_Singh, Jan 8, 2018 IP
  2. HostService

HostService Member

Best Answers:
    Create the subdomain in Google as with the domain name. And verify it the same way. Treat it as a separate site.

What about regions:
    "Google Search returns the most relevant and useful sites for a user. Because of this, search results can differ between a user in Ireland and a user in France.

If your site has a generic top-level domain, such as .com or .org, you can help us determine which countries are most important to you. If your site has a country-coded top-level domain (such as .ie or .fr) it is already associated with a geographic region (in this example, Ireland or France). If you use a country-coded domain, you won't be able to specify a geographic location. You can specify a target country in the International Targeting report.

Set a country target
    1. On the International Targeting report, click the Country tab.
    2. Check the Geographic target checkbox and choose your country target. If you want to ensure that your site is not associated with any country or region, select Unlisted in the drop-down list.
    This setting is only for geographic data. If you're targeting users in different locations—for example, if you have a site in French that you want users in France, Canada, and Mali to read—don't use this tool to set France as a geographic target. A good example of where it would be useful is for a restaurant website: if the restaurant is in Canada, it's probably not of interest to folks in France. But if your content is in French and is of interest to people in multiple countries/regions, it's probably better not to restrict it."

HostService, Jan 9, 2018 IP
    Sumit_Singh likes this.
  3. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, Host Service, for the complete answer. I got the answer.
    I was looking for this answer
    Thanks again for the answer.

Sumit_Singh, Jan 9, 2018 IP
  4. Hostforweb Inc

Hostforweb Inc Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen several time and agree with that statement - you can use your subdomains with article submission and target them for less competitive keywords.

Hostforweb Inc, Jan 11, 2018 IP
  5. Sumit_Singh

Best Answers:
    I agree with you but my query was different and you solved that.

Sumit_Singh, Jan 11, 2018 IP
  6. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sub-domains are considered as separate domains. If you want to submit them to google then you have to do it through separate xml sitemaps through your webmasters tool account.

mrb1129, Jan 12, 2018 IP
  7. Sumit_Singh

Best Answers:
    Yes, Sitemap and Robots.txt file is already submitted.

Sumit_Singh, Jan 14, 2018 IP