1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to start if I want to sell things on ebay?

Discussion in 'eBay' started by alvin1972, Jul 18, 2010.

I am ebay newbie and I wish to start selling things on ebay, any idea where can I start other than creating a new ebay account which I have done that. Please help. Thanks

alvin1972, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  2. junior3701

junior3701 Member

Best Answers:
    well i think this forum section is actually for ebay's affiliate program... not selling on ebay section...

to answer your question.... if you already have a new acct. start listing products that you own and no longer want/need to make some money.... OR.... start buying products and selling them for a profit. Not much else to it. you should do some research to see what products are selling, find out how much they cost you vs. how much you can sell them for, and how much is involved. might try dropshipping to find "hot products" but in my opinion, drop shipping isn't going to yield large enough profits to make it worth it when you factor in all the fees. Or, at least for me..

junior3701, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  3. darapmonsta

darapmonsta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    well i think this forum section is actually for ebay's affiliate program... not selling on ebay section...

to answer your question.... if you already have a new acct. start listing products that you own and no longer want/need to make some money.... OR.... start buying products and selling them for a profit. Not much else to it. you should do some research to see what products are selling, find out how much they cost you vs. how much you can sell them for, and how much is involved. might try dropshipping to find "hot products" but in my opinion, drop shipping isn't going to yield large enough profits to make it worth it when you factor in all the fees. Or, at least for me.. ..yeah .. ..

darapmonsta, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  4. Myongosi

Myongosi Peon

Best Answers:
    I can refer you to a guide that helped me to start up my business on eBay. http://www.the-wiggly-worm.com. I think it is all you need to get going.

Myongosi, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  5. xTimelinex

xTimelinex Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey alvin;
    This may help. It's a bit dated, but still some solid info for getting started.
    Direct DL
    www.auctionnewbieguide.com/orderok35639335702093.html
    Code (markup):

xTimelinex, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  6. Abeetya

Abeetya Active Member

Best Answers:
    buy before selling item. You have to build your feedback score. Buy some cheap item like ebook and get feedback score from seller.

Abeetya, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  7. screwebay

screwebay Active Member

Best Answers:
    FIND A NICHE MARKET (google it)

screwebay, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  8. sjdataservices

sjdataservices Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to start Ebay business 1st thing you should do is do research on products which are in demand and try to sale these products at the start by using different technique like free shipping, discount affiliate program etc..

Next thing is you should create paypal account, read terms and condition of Ebay and not to forget you should also learn about costs of selling on Ebay i.e. listing fee, a final value fee etc...

You should also use feedback system which will not only increase your sales but will also help you to improve you selling technique.

sjdataservices, Jun 8, 2012 IP
  9. imgeek2727

imgeek2727 Peon

Best Answers:
    Start selling smaller thigns like household items then start to selll bigger things and even turn it into a small eBay business if your starting to like it. Books and DVD's should do it first.

imgeek2727, Jun 8, 2012 IP