1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to sell a website that earns six figures per month?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by General Grant, Feb 4, 2015.

My site is almost 1 year old, it's earned $600k to date, averaging $115k per month the last 3 months. It's in the top 2000 worldwide on Alexa, and the top 1000 in the US. I see sites for sale on Flippa that earn nowhere near these numbers, and the price the sites are going for are nowhere near what they should be getting. I'm sure my site will earn between $2-$3 million this year, but I'm ready to sell and retire.

What would be the best way to sell and get the most?

General Grant, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I suggest using a broker. If you decide to go that route, let me know and I will put you in contact with mine.

Mia, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Agree with @Mia

There is a firm set by two lawyers out of California that deals with the sites of your league:

http://www.websitebroker.com/

Check them out / contact them, or maybe @Mia has something even better than that.

Hope you rake the dough and retire.

qwikad.com, Feb 5, 2015 IP
  4. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shoot a message to Shoemoney...

superrichguy, Feb 5, 2015 IP
  5. pilot35

pilot35 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sell at Flippa, hands down. There are so many retarded people there willing to buy just about any glittery site they see. :)

pilot35, Feb 8, 2015 IP
  6. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    With this amount your best bet would be to go with a private Website Broker.
    However, there are several steps you should do first regardless of how you sell:

1. Set up proper analytics software, such as google analytics or many of the competing commercial solutions in order to have detailed traffic stats to show potential buyers.
    2. Get your finances in order, make sure you have proper tracking in place to easily provide verifiable data on your revenues, and expenses for each month and each year, as many years back as possible.
    3. Optimize the website, improve monetization and try to decrease expenses in order to get a higher sale price.
    4. Make sure that you have all the legal documentation in order, such as trademarks, copyrights for content and other rights.

You should preferably pick a broker who specializes, or has experience in dealing with such sites. A good broker would tell you to start from the above list and then review the website, verify your documentations and finances, agree on terms and fee and start working on selling through both their existing clients and lists and by offering it directly to your competitors or other companies that may benefit from the investment.

DomainMagnate, Feb 28, 2015 IP
    wco likes this.