1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

where to sale 2 great app ideas

Discussion in 'General Business' started by silentthinker, Jun 30, 2012.

so here is my problem guys I have 2 great app ideas 1 is trucking industry and the 2nd is construction but i have 2 problems also 1 im not a developer 2 i dont have the money to pay a developer. I know for a fact I have 2 great solid ideas "im good with researching and the business side of things" im trying to find the best way to get my apps out there I was looking in to finding someone to partner with i give them my ideas the develop the apps and give me a % of sales thats fine with me as long as they will sign the proper paper work i seen a couple of site that would do it but I dont know if they can be trusted no to steal my ideas or 2nd I thought about finding an angle invester which I dont know how to go about it that way still researching that Idea what do you guess think is the best way to go about getting the apps out there again they are both great great ideas

silentthinker, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm going to give you a reality check. Everyone on this forum (even including myself) have a million and one solid ideas to make TONS of money. However, a very small percentage of those ideas ever get implemented and an even microscopic percentage of those finished projects ever meet the expectations set.

Ideas are a dime a dozen. An idea is not worth $.01 without implementation. As long as you have the budget and knowledge of the market you are selling to you can make a fortune by selling even Paperclips....an unoriginal boring bland saturated idea.

If you aren't a developer then you need to pay one to implement your ideas. If you don't have the cash flow then you should learn how to develop. Nobody is going to want to partner with you because 1. you bring absolutely nothing to the table except for a random idea and most likely will get in the way of development and 2. the developer will end up doing 100% of the work then be faced with paying you a royalty for life... yea right! 3. Let's also not forget generally the person with the idea likes to dictate...you aren't in the position to dictate.

It's like construction. You have the architect that designs the building then the construction workers who build the building. You never have a guy standing off to the side yelling "Yeaaa buddy I got the idea for a big house with 15 rooms and a sun room" receiving a fee. Usually that's the buyer who is paying a fee :p

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
    NetStar, Jul 1, 2012 IP
    Love* likes this.
  3. Love*

Love* Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1. Developers hate developing other people's ideas, which is why they do it for money. It is not a calling to listen to other people's horrendous visions of perfection, and it is most definitely not a walk in the park to have to develop it themselves when it absolutely does not move them at all.
    Don't forget that developers are the way they are because they're smart, creative, they discover things. They will most likely have better ideas than yours that will benefit them more if acted upon, and that is without the 3rd party baggage (you).

Basically my advice is, learn to develop. :)

Love*, Jul 2, 2012 IP