1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to find images to post from a Facebook page?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by NewFleet, Mar 1, 2018.

Hi, so, I have (as everyone else I believe) liked some pages on Facebook from my personal profile. And, for some time now, I was thinking about starting my own page with some entertainment content mainly. As I see many of the pages I follow just use photos and images that are (probably) widely available and downloaded from the internet, is that allowed? Can I as a page admin just go to Google, and download any image and post it on my page, or is there any problem with image licenses and so on? Should I be using only images available for commercial use, with creative commons licenses? If that is so, are many other people just risking publishing photos that are maybe licensed, hoping there won't be any problem with it? Any info would be great :)

NewFleet, Mar 1, 2018 IP
  2. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    Greetings, this is a very ambiguous area. I say that because I believe every image you see on Google searches has the default message stating that this image may be subject to copyright. The easiest and probably safest thing that I have done is to search Google images and select from the drop down menu Usage Rights "Labeled For Reuse". This again is probably the safest way to go. But generally speaking, if you're not using any image you find on Google Image searches for commercial use but only private use, say in your blog or personal website, I believe you'll be safe. I've used images I found on Google Image searches in my personal webpage without ever running into any legal problems. Again, not to be redundant, I think where you would get into a little trouble is when you would use an image for commercial use. Hope this helps.

Dana C. Beck, Mar 12, 2018 IP
  3. Christianbobo

Christianbobo Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can take a look on these websites:

https://unsplash.com/
    http://gratisography.com/

I use these to frequently.

Christianbobo, Mar 14, 2018 IP