1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to find high quality writers??!!

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by crazlunatic, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Superbu

Superbu Member

Best Answers:
    You could try Fiverr, there are some quality writers that offer some nice 300-400 word articles. But there are lots of poor content writers too, so it's a bit of trial and error.

Superbu, May 9, 2011 IP
  2. brightlight

brightlight Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the time, employers demand 10-15 articles a day, excluding spinning them once or twice...sigh! How do you expect quality articles for that time limit and volume of work?? I'd rather accept jobs on a per article basis, and this I think benefits employers, too.

brightlight, May 11, 2011 IP
  3. RumpledElf

RumpledElf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Eh, if you're fishing for writers, I can write too (that's what, the 5th person saying that on this thread lol) and actually bothered to look in the BST the other day and am now happily doing some content mill level stuff at third world rates for some pocket money. I'm not working at the moment and so I put a too-low price on my time. It's not like I'm taking time out from a $100k a year job ... once upon a time I would have liked to be a Proper Technical Writer(TM) but life got in the way.

So I'm available as well, but I have little kids to chase so I'd prefer a 'few a week' not 'dozens per day' even if it is only $5 an article.

I need a day job *sigh*

RumpledElf, May 11, 2011 IP
  4. jeyyt

jeyyt Peon

Best Answers:
    Elance is a great place to start. Cheap places like fiverr definitely won't make the cut. Just remember you get what you pay for.

jeyyt, May 24, 2011 IP
  5. Abir9

Abir9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Now that's a harsh sentence (pun intended). :)

Abir9, May 29, 2011 IP
  6. bianca0085

bianca0085 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have found that the best way to find a great writer is to find someone who has a passion for it. Many of the freelance writers on the net do it simply because they think it's an easy way to make money. Writers like these do not care about content, depth or grammar- they simply want to string a few sentences together and get paid pennies for their efforts. I found a writing company recently and, so far, I have not been disappointed. Their content is great and, although they are still a small company, they are very professional and their prices are affordable. If anyone wants to know where to find this company then you can simply PM me and I'll send you more information about them.

bianca0085, May 30, 2011 IP
  7. JosiahHumphrey

JosiahHumphrey Peon

Best Answers:
    odesk seems to be a quality place to hire writers, if you are looking for just Filipinos (their English seems to be better then most other Asian countries) to hire then onlinejobs.ph is a perfect place to source quality writers.

The thing you need to understand is that anyone you hire wont be a "quality" writer until you spend time with them reviewing their work and showing them exactly what it is that you want. Each writer has their own writing style that is unique, but over time you can change that style if needed, but again it takes TIME.

-Josiah

JosiahHumphrey, May 30, 2011 IP
  8. michaelgrisso

michaelgrisso Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Everyone seems to be making good point points. There definitely isn't a shortage of good writers. You just don't find us on Digital Point too often.

One of the biggest reasons is the saturated prices. It's hard for a writer to justify spending 45 minutes to an hour on a piece of content for $1.50, $3.00, or any of the low prices you see here.

I personally come over here to write about things I enjoy and then sell them cheaper. They don't take nearly as much time due to my expertise and passion behind them. Unless of course I'm looking to be a ghostwriter for an ebook or something.

Since the capacity of writers on DP spans around the globe it's easier to pay less for outsourced work.

No offense to you, but another issue could be the communication between you and the writer. If you want a specific way for the content to be written then it should be specified in the beginning.

For instance; you want people writing news stories, tutorials, and editorials. These are basically 3 different formats that would usually come with 3 different price tags.

I sub-contract out my writing to 5 different places on a consistent basis. A news story requires an unbiased approach with nothing but facts and compact content. Tutorials can go either way. Some people prefer to make them user-friendly and more conversational, while others would rather have a technical writing format. The latter costs more, and tutorials will be more than news stories.

Here are a few things you can do to weed out the bad apples:

1. Specify exactly what you want ahead of time. (If you don't want ezine and squidoo content then tell people upfront).
    2. Ask for previous work (if you ask for a custom piece then you must be willing to pay more if the writer is accepted).
    3. Hiring a writer is an investment, so treat it like one.
    4. Present test questions. This is something that is becoming more and more popular. In order to make sure a writer is legit; people provide questions like (Is this is a good title for SEO if the keyword is kids baseball gloves; "Tips on how to find Kids baseball gloves." Why?)

Just for the sake of having some fun this isn't a good title at all. Oddly enough you will find several so called "writing experts" with years of expertise that won't be able to find the issues in it.

5. Branch out! Just like others have said...Digital Point is not the only place to find writers.

I am currently looking for PHP programmers to help code an article directory site my girlfriend and I are building. I started here because prices are low, but due to the "trust" factor it is hard to give away a substantial amount of money without some sort of barrier.

So I ended up going to Elance.com and posted our job requirements there. You can spell out everything in detail that you want for the site, tell potential bidders what you're willing to pay for the job, and then just sit back and wait for proposals to come. People will list their experience (which is also found on their profiles), make sure they understand what you're asking, and then offer their bid for the project.

This sounds like the best avenue for you since it's a long term project. The system is setup so neither party is cheated. I would recommend you going there. Good Luck!

michaelgrisso, May 31, 2011 IP
  9. Vigorcat

Vigorcat Peon

Best Answers:
    A good topic! And look forward to much more constructive suggestions.

Vigorcat, May 31, 2011 IP
  10. Maneslechuga

Maneslechuga Peon

Best Answers:
    I can recommend freelancer website you can find many professional writers there.

Maneslechuga, Jun 1, 2011 IP
  11. georgescifo

georgescifo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    but in Fiverr, you would be able to find the $5 content writers only, and am afraid about the quality of the content they provide..

georgescifo, Jun 1, 2011 IP
  12. bilalx

bilalx Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am looking for high quality websites, if you have then contact me I will provide you contacts according to your demand in return I want only 2 backlinks in author bio thats it

bilalx, Jun 1, 2011 IP
  13. prclicks

prclicks Peon

Best Answers:
    You will get from freelance.com or getafreelancer.com

I think this is the way you can get good quality writers who can dance on your fingers. Give your requirement and pay after checking their content. This is my point of view, your could be different.

prclicks, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  14. tnbturbo

tnbturbo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also agree that Fiver is probably a good place to start, although you could try writing an advert for article writers here and offering a decent amount per 100 words. Surely it will get the attention of some of the top writers here (who are lurking around but are usually busy writing!).

tnbturbo, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  15. bastian

bastian Peon

Best Answers:
    My advice is this: if you are fortunate enough to find a good writer, do what it takes to keep him or her. Don't low-ball the writer to try to save a few dollars. Remember that writers are always looking for new gigs that pay more. They'll jump ship on you if you don't show them respect.

When searching for a writer, get on the phone and do an interview. Don't be afraid to ask pointed questions. You will learn a lot about his or her professionalism. You need to establish a relationship with the writer, or you will always be searching--unlike your competitors who may retain their writers for years, because they don't undervalue them.

bastian, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  16. lobozebra

lobozebra Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to sift through the dirt and garbage before you can find your diamonds. Just keep looking, and eventually you will find a few high quality writers that you will be able to trust.

Also, I am currently looking to write on a daily basis for somebody.

lobozebra, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  17. livinitup0

livinitup0 Member

Best Answers:
    I have been selling content on DP for several years and have seen many of the changes and trends that have occurred in the BST section. The reason why DP and other SEO forums are becoming poor places to find writers is because of over-saturation from non-English speaking content producers and content companies.

I myself am about to give up on DP because I am not proud of the work that I produce for posters here anymore. I simply cannot write an effective SEO piece for $3.75 an article. I am a great writer, but you aren't going to get anywhere near my best work for less than half my county's minimum hourly wage.

Content writers are providing you with the very core of your virtual properties. As it was stated here already, buying content is an investment. You purchase it with the intention of profiting from it. If you are spending less than $15 minimum for your 500 word article, please understand that you will not be getting content that is anywhere near what a real writer, your human traffic or even the search engines would consider to be “quality”.

livinitup0, Jun 24, 2011 IP
  18. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You pay peanuts - you get monkeys. And that is the bane of DP. I am not saying that high rates will guarantee top notch writing, neither am I saying that every writer who writes for low prices write trash.. but in general, a good writer who knows his/her worth would not throw away his/her work for pennies. DP is brimming with great talent, but it's certainly less visible than it was before. There is no perfect answer to your question and good writers are everywhere, you just need to look around. As an example, when I needed help with my news blog, I found a fantastic writer on freelancer.com which is ill famed for its low bid rates. So, just try to look for a good writer on DP as well and be ready to pay reasonable money.

WebBuddy, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  19. manivannang

manivannang Peon

Best Answers:
    dam dude im starving atm i wish i had this food atm haha:p

P.S which is the forum link i will might trying to write make high quality posts

manivannang, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  20. NewsMediaInsider

NewsMediaInsider Peon

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with those suggesting you try reading the writer's forum posts and doing the research before hiring them. How someone writes in a casual environments says a lot about them. Check social media as well if you have enough information to do so. As someone who has hired journalists in the past, my cardinal rule has been to toss cover letters and resumes with spelling or grammatical errors.

NewsMediaInsider, Jul 23, 2011 IP