1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to find high quality writers??!!

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by crazlunatic, Apr 19, 2011.

1. competent

competent Peon

Best Answers:
    you should go to freelancer.com or any other freelance site to find quality writer.

competent, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  2. My Montage

My Montage Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    what are some good freelance sites for writers. I have a site that covers a lot of different types of subjects from business, politics all the way to music. If anyone is interested in writing or know of any good websites where I can find writers please let me know. Check out my website in my signature. I will be changing the layout, hopefully soon, so that it doesn't look so much as a regular blog. Please adivse.

My Montage, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  3. G30SPKI

G30SPKI Peon

Best Answers:
    could you tell me what topic you want is?

G30SPKI, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  4. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As others have said here, the problem lies in what you're paying your writers. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys working for you.

I am a professional online copywriter and I make minimum 15 cents a word. MINIMUM. When I write a 500 word article, I get paid $75. And I make hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars per job.

Why do I command those rates? Because my writing converts readers into customers.

These days, anyone with a keyboard can claim to be a writer. So what? I can pick up a wrench and claim to be a mechanic, and if you pay me $50 I'll do some work on your car. Are you going to complain about paying $50 when your car breaks down on the highway?

Maybe you should be thinking what role you played in the event, and why being cheap is so important in your strategy to make money online.

chant, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  5. GamingOn

GamingOn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why not try elance? They have good writers. :D DP has tons of good writers though too like me. :D

GamingOn, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  6. FastCashMoney

FastCashMoney Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    fiverr.com, elance.com, freelancer.com, 99centarticles.com.... there you go, should serve you well ;)

FastCashMoney, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  7. crazlunatic

crazlunatic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I pay more than a couple cents per word. Actually when I post here, I let the writer decide the rate. The niche is Windows 8 and Blackberry Playbook. Please PM me and check out this thread before you PM - http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2154690

I'll try the sites you guys have recommended. Thanks, clearly DP is not a place for hiring writers is the concensus here

crazlunatic, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  8. MagicMonkey

MagicMonkey Member

Best Answers:
    @crazlunatic I think that the consensus was not that you cannot find high quality writers here; the consensus was that you will have to carefully pick and then hold on to good writers you find. I regularly get high end writing at £15, or more, for a 700-1000 word article, This is easily attainable if you have the skills. Unfortunately I do not have sufficient knowledge of your topics otherwise i'd be more than happy to show you where to find a good writer on DP ;)

MagicMonkey, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  9. ParentingCoachLisa

ParentingCoachLisa Peon

Best Answers:
    It's like "You gave me minimum wages so I gave you minimum effort"

ParentingCoachLisa, Apr 25, 2011 IP
  10. marmal

marmal Active Member

Best Answers:
    I found some writers for my niche on fiverr. PM'd 6, got 2 replies... I mean, why even post a gig on fiverr if you're disinterested in performing it?

marmal, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  11. jcoutts1

jcoutts1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Quality writers demand quality pay. That's not $5 an article, or even $10 an article. If you want real quality, start thinking $35 as a baseline for a standard 500 word article. There are plenty of quality writers available.

John.

jcoutts1, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  12. MagicMonkey

MagicMonkey Member

Best Answers:
    I agreee with John's sentiment. If people were prepared to pay for $35 baseline for articles that would be great - but they generally won't. If a client asks for conversion inducing articles then they should offer us decent pay. I think a minimum of $25/hour would be a good start.

MagicMonkey, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  13. jcoutts1

jcoutts1 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can easily get $35 an article. That's my baseline and I have all the work I can cope with. It didn't happen overnight, but it only took me a week or so to work up to that. Last week I wrote one article that paid me $144, two that paid me $80 each, and a few dozen more that paid $35 each. I don't say this to brag - just to show it can be done.

Go where the money is. Think SEO companies, web design companies and the like. They have clients with deep pockets who need well-written content and who are prepared to pay high rates.

Content mills and webmasters will never pay good rates. There are some exceptions, but by and large, you have to go where the money is if you want decent rates for article writing.

I decided one Monday morning that $5, $10 - even $15 an article, was not nearly good enough. By the end of the week I was getting $25 an article and about half the work I needed to live comfortably. By the end of the second week I had more work than I could handle. I only contacted around 500 companies to achieve that. It took some hard work, but it certainly paid off.

Anyone who is a good writer could do the same. And I don't mean perfect good either. Just good enough to create proper English grammar and correct spelling in articles that read well.

John.

jcoutts1, Apr 26, 2011 IP
    Kyle H. likes this.
  14. bhupindrverma

bhupindrverma Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can get some some good content writers and article writers for you at whatever price you want at odesk.com
    Just post your job there and you will get 100's of bidders for that.

bhupindrverma, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  15. etali

etali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, the issue with the Buy / Sell / Trade section here is that it's flooded with people that are actively seeking low cost writers. I've seen posts where the buyer actually comes out and says "I want someone who is cheap and OK. Not good, just capable of producing OK content at $7 / 1000 words".

As someone who lives in the UK and does a mixture of writing and coding for a living, I can't afford to take the time to wade through stuff like that, so I prefer to look elsewhere for the majority of my work. I do drop by the Buy / Sell / Trade forums every now and then, but it's depressing to try to compete with the "I am good writer!" types.

There are a lot of great writers in this section of the forum, and I think that contacting people from this section directly is better than posting an advertisement. If the person you contact isn't available for work at this moment in time, then they can probably put you in touch with someone who is available, and who produces decent copy.

etali, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  16. ambreenkazmi

ambreenkazmi Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

If you are looking for quality writers, you can always ask them about an expert account on ezine. I am a writer myself, having an expert author account at ezine. If you are interested PM me.

ambreenkazmi, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  17. 1812

1812 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure if you'll get a lot of response with the poor grammar in your sentance above?

1812, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  18. ambreenkazmi

ambreenkazmi Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you please highlight the mistake?

ambreenkazmi, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  19. Webfrontier Biz

Webfrontier Biz Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are lots of high quality writers here in DP. And that's my personal view and experience.

Webfrontier Biz, May 2, 2011 IP
  20. no1onsports

no1onsports Peon

Best Answers:
    i think it all lies down to what you are asking for. Personally i have really good copy writters for greek and found in dp very good copywritters in various languages. Ofcourse there are always people that are trying to trick you with duplicates but..dont expect the best articles with 5$ budget...you may find it but it will be more difficult.

no1onsports, May 3, 2011 IP