1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to find high quality writers??!!

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by crazlunatic, Apr 19, 2011.

I am having a huge issue with looking for writers on my blog. I don't mean to defame Digitalpoint in any way, since it is a GREAT site for everything except one thing - hiring a good quality writer.

Even on other sites such as Sitepoint, everywhere I look, I always am bombarded by writers who claim to have years of writing experience but do not have good grammar at all. Furthermore, EVERYONE is writing factual and pointless articles that they post on websites such as ezine or squidoo.

Does anyone else face this issue?
    What about someone that wants to run a REAL website and have REAL writers, writing news stories, tutorials, and editorials?

If someone could shed some light on this, it would really help, because I'm sure I'm not the only one facing this problem =)

crazlunatic, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  2. Warren J. Edwardson

Warren J. Edwardson Peon

Best Answers:
    My friend...the problem lies not in a shortage or lack of quality writers (though the best are few), but in that nobody's willing to pay for quality AT THE QUALITY PRICE. Going skimp on pricing also means the so-called $5 writer must go skimp on his research & creativity timing (Genius can't be rushed), just in order to make up for the dollars lost at the end of the day.

If you want quality, be BOLD enough to Stand for it at what it's WORTH - for those who stand behind what I just said, not much more has to be spoken, but I let my Portfolio Speak for itself...If you would like to check it out, please kindly hit up my PM, I'd be glad to send you golden samples of my work.

Thanks friend & please have a good day~

Yours Truly,

Warren

Warren J. Edwardson, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  3. fly2high

fly2high Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Then you better drop at associatecontent, hubpages, where their writing is really good.

fly2high, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  4. khfaroo

khfaroo Member

Best Answers:
    Would you be kind enough to detail on the topic or category, i would drop some samples.

khfaroo, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  5. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DP does attract any number of excellent writers. Most participate in the forums but you will not find them in the BST areas. Look around the Copywriting section. Study who posts helpful comments and suggestions. Check out their signatures and their websites. Avoid the "I write for you" folks and the others who come here and proclaim they are golden while posting replies full of grammatical mistakes.

What sort of blogs do you own? Knowing the subject might help us to give you additional suggestions.

Keep in mind, you might have to significantly raise your budget if you want REAL writers who are capable of writing quality news stories, tutorials, and editorials.

YMC, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  6. stevewritez

stevewritez Peon

Best Answers:
    You could find a better solution here GRAPTOZ

stevewritez, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  7. mrrocky314

mrrocky314 Peon

Best Answers:
    try fiverr or any other free lance site you can get many writters there also try searching in this forum i am sure you will find them

mrrocky314, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  8. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, let's start with the obvious.

What are you paying them and what are you expecting in return?

Therein lies the bulk of the "piss poor content" argument.

Senobia, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  9. nicbos

nicbos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IMHO: a good copywriting is always the MOST important factor in a website success.

You can work on SEO, traffic, list building and so on, but at the end a good, proficient and compelling copy is THE winning aspect of a website building process. So, if you keep in mind this, I think you should spread your budget at least 50/50 for Copy/SEO.

Consequently, hiring some $5/article writers will not produce winning copy at the end. Obviosuly, IMHO. I am not english-native, but in my language I'm used to ask 25-30 Euros for a well-written 450-500 words article.

nicbos, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  10. Thales

Thales Peon

Best Answers:
    Tell me something, crazlunatic.
    Do you look for a 20 year old single malt Ardbeg in a supermarket?
    Do you go to McD for this? [​IMG]
    Conversely, would Lionel Messi be interested to fill in one of the vacant position in the Chinese Olympic gymnastic squad?
    There is a time, place, people and economics for everything.

That said, a few simple things to keep in mind:
    (i) Cast your net wide and strategically. There is an art in hiring.
    (ii) Interview wisely, and competently (and always ask for portfolios and when available, references)
    (iii) Treat your writers with the respect and dignity they deserve. Never take advantage of them. They're also out to make a living (you'd be surprised at how many publishers, webmasters and pricks forget this fact).
    (iv) Build a relationship with your writers. It pays, trust me.

Wrt to DP. its a great place. For less than $100, I've managed to elevated a personal hobby site into first place in Google (through a combination of backlinks, submission service and paid traffic). How cool is that? I doubt there's another site online that has the variety (and crooks - that needs to be said) that DP possess.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
    Thales, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  11. nicbos

nicbos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I completely agree!

nicbos, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  12. DaleB

DaleB Peon

Best Answers:
    I outsource mine and pay £29.99 for 3 high quality articles. It's expensive but well worth it.

DaleB, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  13. lokers

lokers Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you share who is writing your articles and show some examples?

lokers, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  14. niicolexo

niicolexo Peon

Best Answers:
    I am currently in university for English and Writing. If you are interested in having me as a writer or testing me out, I'd love that. What kind of articles are you looking to have written? Are you looking to pay or free hire?

Just pm me.

niicolexo, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  15. DaleB

DaleB Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I am unwilling to give my writer as it took me 3 years to find him!

DaleB, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  16. narnia123

narnia123 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are good content writers but you have to search a lot.Give ads offline as well as online.

narnia123, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  17. stevewritez

stevewritez Peon

Best Answers:
    Its very expensive:confused:

stevewritez, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  18. mmads

mmads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you think that it is tough to find a good writer on DP then you should try being a writer on DP. Nobody is ever actually looking to pay for quality content, because of the cheap articles being written by outsourced writers. Sometimes it takes people a while to figure out that you get exactly what you pay for.

I charge $0.03 / word and have full-time employment as a freelance writer because once webmasters get their finished product they keep me around. I am sure that all my "bosses" that I am writing for now have attempted the outsourced guys, but with the time I save them editing they find my price to be correct.

Tips:

*Look at the location in the upper-right corner of the "writers" post. There are a lot of countries that have good English, but there are a lot that do not. Avoid the ones that do not. At the same time there are a lot of people who claim a positive location and all they do is outsource the work to people who write poorly.

*Once you find a good writer do not let them go and do not be too demanding. Never wait until the last minute to try to get an article. That really bugs me :)

*Always try to bundle. I will write a 500 word article for $15.00, but I will also write 5 500 word articles for $60.00. Everybody is just trying to put food on the table, so remember money talks.

*Read the persons post. If there are grammatical errors everywhere then just move along.

*Also, do not always look at feedback. For example, I have been producing content for years and only have a feedback of 9 because I have been working for some of the same people for years. Do however look at their feedback for negatives though.

You actually just helped me think of a website, so thank you. Have a great day!

mmads, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  19. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why don't you try freelance sites? they have huge source of quality writers.

c4cyber, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  20. Ajay Bharadwaj

Ajay Bharadwaj Member

Best Answers:
    I would love to write articles on any topic. Do let me know for any writing stuff.

Ajay Bharadwaj, Apr 22, 2011 IP