1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

where should I put my asp file ?

Discussion in 'C#' started by kharearch, Apr 16, 2008.

I am a new user. I have no knowldge about asp.net. I want to know where should I put my asp files on local server. When I run asp.net It runs smoothly without putting files at any specific location.

kharearch, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  2. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    it is only the web.config, global.asax (both should go in the root) and DLLs (in the BIN) that have a correct place to go. The rest can be placed where you want but you obviously just need to remember to link to them correctly etc

AstarothSolutions, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  3. entwickler

entwickler Member

Best Answers:
    I am not so sure what you are talking about. Usually if you host on your server you should put all Web application files in a folder, then using Internet Information Services Console you have to create virtual directory and create application on it.

entwickler, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  4. mikelaw

mikelaw Peon

Best Answers:
    aspx files are just like html files. When they are loaded into a browser via a hyperlink, the ASP.Net server will compile the files and serve HTML to the browser.

mikelaw, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  5. salman4raza

salman4raza Peon

Best Answers:
    you can paste your asp files anywhere, that points to http directory. it works as normal

salman4raza, Apr 24, 2008 IP